LSU vs ULL NIT

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

LSU vs ULL NIT

Post by OGSB »

But why don't they play many regular season games?
While he obviously didn’t mind playing UL-Lafayette, Brady said there was one stipulation.
“I would never go there and play,” he said. “If they wanted to play LSU and have that opportunity to come to Baton Rouge, that’s what they did.”
In 2004, Brady even hosted a four-team Louisiana tournament over the Thanksgiving weekend — with UL-Lafayette included.
“It was a little harder to schedule back then, but we played Tulane a few times after we didn’t play them for a long time,” Brady said. “Tulane even beat me once when my team had some injury issues, but that’s the risk you run.
LSU and UL-Lafayette set for rare basketball matchup in NIT opening-round contest
Victory is never permanent
IM42lane
Breaker Level

Re: LSU vs ULL NIT

Post by IM42lane »

Do they have enough BRPD on alert to handle the post-game fight?
A.S. Madere ("Pete")
2005 Dennis Drive
Hammond, LA 70401-1519

Email: IM42lane@yahoo.com
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

We all wanted to play LSU in the early 90s. We always heard Perry Clark and Dale Brown didn't get along or that LSU refused because they had nothing to gain. Never really knew what the real story was (probably some of all of this and other stuff too)...
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

PeteRasche wrote:We all wanted to play LSU in the early 90s. We always heard Perry Clark and Dale Brown didn't get along or that LSU refused because they had nothing to gain. Never really knew what the real story was (probably some of all of this and other stuff too)...
Joe Dean :razz:
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

IM42lane wrote: Do they have enough BRPD on alert to handle the post-game fight?
Drama!

Tempers flare, techs called, testy scene as LSU basketball downs UL-Lafayette in NIT
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Threadjacking this to make it about the NIT in general, I had not seen that they were using experimental rules: https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... e-used-nit
Longer 3-point line, wider lane, shot clock changes, but, interestingly, they are playing quarters. I looked up a game of interest (Northern Kentucky against Louisville) and was very confused because Google must have their MBB score template defaulted where anything after periods 1 and 2 fills in "1OT" and "2OT". The game score shows two periods and two overtime periods, but the score was not tied after two periods, so it looked really weird. I hadn't paid enough attention to see that they'd changed the rules for the NIT.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

PeteRasche wrote:Threadjacking this to make it about the NIT in general, I had not seen that they were using experimental rules: https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... e-used-nit
Longer 3-point line, wider lane, shot clock changes, but, interestingly, they are playing quarters. I looked up a game of interest (Northern Kentucky against Louisville) and was very confused because Google must have their MBB score template defaulted where anything after periods 1 and 2 fills in "1OT" and "2OT". The game score shows two periods and two overtime periods, but the score was not tied after two periods, so it looked really weird. I hadn't paid enough attention to see that they'd changed the rules for the NIT.
I saw the same thing. ESPN is slow to adapt I guess.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

This is good ..... he does get the name right.

https://twitter.com/CodyWorsham/status/ ... 4304841728