Kansas football assistant jumps at new job

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Kansas football assistant jumps at new job

Post by OGSB »

Victory is never permanent
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Re: Kansas football assistant jumps at new job

Post by GreenieBacker »

a dumpster fire if I ever saw one.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

GreenieBacker wrote:a dumpster fire if I ever saw one.
Cuz everything's going so well in the oil business... :lol:
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

Or the guy is tired of the family unfriendly, superficial, and chaotic life of a football coach. Maybe he wanted a job that had a more reasonable amount of stability. I know a handful of college baseball and football coaches who left the business, not because lack of love of the sport, but because it is so chaotic. Your friends are transient and they and you maybe fired any minute. Your family is asked to move at a moments notice or you have to live an extended time away from them. I was once told, by a coach who quit college and moved down to High School, "It was during my third week on the road recruiting that I realized this was not the life for me. Begging 17 year old KIDS to come play for me, knowing I would drop the hammer on them as soon as they arrived on campus. Not having seen my young wife for over three weeks, whom I kept putting off starting a family until 'a more convenient time.' All of this with the deep insecurity that I may not have this job this time next year."
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Yes. This is not a story. The only reason it was made into a story is to razz Kansas and as clickbait. There's absolutely nothing wrong or shameful or embarrassing (to KU) about what the guy did.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

ml wave wrote:
Cuz everything's going so well in the oil business... :lol:[/quot
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

PeteRasche wrote:Yes. This is not a story. The only reason it was made into a story is to razz Kansas and as clickbait. There's absolutely nothing wrong or shameful or embarrassing (to KU) about what the guy did.

Pete, and Poseidon, very well said!
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Poseidon wrote:
Or the guy is tired of the family unfriendly, superficial, and chaotic life of a football coach. Maybe he wanted a job that had a more reasonable amount of stability. I know a handful of college baseball and football coaches who left the business, not because lack of love of the sport, but because it is so chaotic. Your friends are transient and they and you maybe fired any minute. Your family is asked to move at a moments notice or you have to live an extended time away from them. I was once told, by a coach who quit college and moved down to High School, "It was during my third week on the road recruiting that I realized this was not the life for me. Begging 17 year old KIDS to come play for me, knowing I would drop the hammer on them as soon as they arrived on campus. Not having seen my young wife for over three weeks, whom I kept putting off starting a family until 'a more convenient time.' All of this with the deep insecurity that I may not have this job this time next year."
Funny choice then...
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

odd career choice if you're worried about those things :lol:

and Kansas Football is still a massive dumpster fire.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

KU football has been a dumpster fire ever since they fired Mangino for those unsubstantial charges of athlete abuse. They deserve what they've gotten. Good luck on getting back, especially in the B12.
Plan your work, work your plan.