Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:34 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 14636
...in the oil industry

_________________
Seize the day


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:01 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 20208
Location: New Orleans
a dumpster fire if I ever saw one.

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:15 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 10035
GreenieBacker wrote:
a dumpster fire if I ever saw one.

Cuz everything's going so well in the oil business... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:29 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 2644
Location: Baton Rouge
GreenieBacker wrote:
a dumpster fire if I ever saw one.


Or the guy is tired of the family unfriendly, superficial, and chaotic life of a football coach. Maybe he wanted a job that had a more reasonable amount of stability. I know a handful of college baseball and football coaches who left the business, not because lack of love of the sport, but because it is so chaotic. Your friends are transient and they and you maybe fired any minute. Your family is asked to move at a moments notice or you have to live an extended time away from them. I was once told, by a coach who quit college and moved down to High School, "It was during my third week on the road recruiting that I realized this was not the life for me. Begging 17 year old KIDS to come play for me, knowing I would drop the hammer on them as soon as they arrived on campus. Not having seen my young wife for over three weeks, whom I kept putting off starting a family until 'a more convenient time.' All of this with the deep insecurity that I may not have this job this time next year."

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:45 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 20760
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Yes. This is not a story. The only reason it was made into a story is to razz Kansas and as clickbait. There's absolutely nothing wrong or shameful or embarrassing (to KU) about what the guy did.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:13 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7086
Location: Dripping Springs
ml wave wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:
a dumpster fire if I ever saw one.

Cuz everything's going so well in the oil business... :lol:[/quot


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:11 am 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2905
PeteRasche wrote:
Yes. This is not a story. The only reason it was made into a story is to razz Kansas and as clickbait. There's absolutely nothing wrong or shameful or embarrassing (to KU) about what the guy did.


Pete, and Poseidon, very well said!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:36 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 10035
Poseidon wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:
a dumpster fire if I ever saw one.


Or the guy is tired of the family unfriendly, superficial, and chaotic life of a football coach. Maybe he wanted a job that had a more reasonable amount of stability. I know a handful of college baseball and football coaches who left the business, not because lack of love of the sport, but because it is so chaotic. Your friends are transient and they and you maybe fired any minute. Your family is asked to move at a moments notice or you have to live an extended time away from them. I was once told, by a coach who quit college and moved down to High School, "It was during my third week on the road recruiting that I realized this was not the life for me. Begging 17 year old KIDS to come play for me, knowing I would drop the hammer on them as soon as they arrived on campus. Not having seen my young wife for over three weeks, whom I kept putting off starting a family until 'a more convenient time.' All of this with the deep insecurity that I may not have this job this time next year."

Funny choice then...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:33 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 20208
Location: New Orleans
odd career choice if you're worried about those things :lol:

and Kansas Football is still a massive dumpster fire.

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:17 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:33 pm
Posts: 3624
Location: Marietta, GA
KU football has been a dumpster fire ever since they fired Mangino for those unsubstantial charges of athlete abuse. They deserve what they've gotten. Good luck on getting back, especially in the B12.

_________________
Plan your work, work your plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group