Me Against the World Works...

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Me Against the World Works...

Post by Baywave1 »

when me is LeBron. WOW!
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Re: Me Against the World Works...

Post by Baywave1 »

so now I'm back to hating Me Against the World. The BBQ of Smith including LeBron's public tantrum is shameful and will destroy the chemistry needed for the underdog team to win. GSW in five and maybe even four.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Baywave1 wrote:so now I'm back to hating Me Against the World. The BBQ of Smith including LeBron's public tantrum is shameful and will destroy the chemistry needed for the underdog team to win. GSW in five and maybe even four.
I wouldn't call that a public tantrum. He's not supposed to have an immediate reaction to an incredibly boneheaded play? He went out of his way to not throw JR under the bus at his post game press availability (unlike Lue, btw). Possible that Love gets suspended for game 2 for coming off the bench at the end of game "fracas"...assume Cleveland loses if he's out then game 3 will determine if we'll have a series or not.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Well Smith has to keep his mouth shut about this but now there will be no doubt as to who gets the ball at the end of a close Cav game. No other Cav player (or coach) will risk not giving LeBron the ball. Makes it much easier to defend and more likely GSW win.

Anyway wasn't it the missed free throw that truly mattered here?

What would be your thoughts if a Tulane baseball player(s) pulled a LeBron like move from last night aimed at a reliever say right after a WP makes for a walk off loss or a dumb base running mistake ends a game Tulane was trying to catch up on?

That is inside team stuff and belongs in a locker room.

Just curious if LeBron did not meet your criteria of "public tantrum" last night, can you give us a sports example that did?

Addendum: Some of these are quite funny.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/06/0 ... -meme.html
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

I don't think there was ever really any doubt about who was going to get the ball for the Cavs. Nobody gave the ball to JR, he got a rebound.

Sure, the missed free throw mattered. The game went to overtime, it all matters...the free throw, the blown calls, the block/charge change, Smith's play...everything matters.

I'm ok with athletes showing frustration in the heat of the moment. They're not robots. You ever see Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, etc. chew out a WR that ran the wrong route?
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

ml wave wrote:I don't think there was ever really any doubt about who was going to get the ball for the Cavs. Nobody gave the ball to JR, he got a rebound.

Sure, the missed free throw mattered. The game went to overtime, it all matters...the free throw, the blown calls, the block/charge change, Smith's play...everything matters.

I'm ok with athletes showing frustration in the heat of the moment. They're not robots. You ever see Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, etc. chew out a WR that ran the wrong route?
For the record, the block was a block, but it should not have been able to be changed
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

ml wave wrote:
Time of game matters when that stuff happens. Lots of difference from middle of second quarter mistake versus end of game deciding play. Can you give me an example with Marino or Manning or etc on a game ending/deciding play? It doesn't even have to be the Super Bowl.

OK. I'll give you one. Watch how Michigan coach and teammates treat Chris Weber after the infamous timeout. Compare that with LeBron's tantrum. Sobering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-4f1fT0tK8

Another one? No Tulane footballer publicly chewed Banks on the spot for his decision at end of SMU game.

In short the dressisng down belongs in the locker room.