Secretariat

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Secretariat

Post by Fan Since '54 »

On this day in 1973 Secretariat beat Sham in the Belmont Stakes to become the first horse to win the Triple Crown in 25 years. And something else that year happened for the first time in 25 years. On 12/01/73 Tulane beat LSU in football for the first time in 25 years. Coincidence? Not in my mind. It was fate, at least for me it was. And also in my mind there will always be a Secretariat/Tulane connection. Hmm, maybe it's time for me to watch that TU/LSU DVD again.

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Secretariat

Post by windywave »

You sound like a parody of a Roman movie....47 years since the gridiron legion vanquished the illiterate barbarians I celebrate it. The battle occurred 139 years from the founding of Tulane during 13th year of the reign of Emerpor Longenecker under the leadership of Counsul Ellender. Long May the Wave Roll. The Illiterates must perish.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

windy, you're a literary genius. Totally made me LOL!

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

windywave wrote:You sound like a parody of a Roman movie....47 years since the gridiron legion vanquished the illiterate barbarians I celebrate it. The battle occurred 139 years from the founding of Tulane during 13th year of the reign of Emerpor Longenecker under the leadership of Counsul Ellender. Long May the Wave Roll. The Illiterates must perish.
A-. Nice, but should have ended with the exact quote "Illiterati delenda est!"