Urban Meyer is on a hot seat of his own making

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Re: Urban Meyer is on a hot seat of his own making

Unread post by Baywave1 »

OK, I know the source is radioactive but when you get the attention of this videographer then Urban is literally in a league by himself.

Regardless I'll say it: "exploding quads" must be painful....

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/08/ ... -of-abuse/
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

Baywave1 wrote:OK, I know the source is radioactive but when you get the attention of this videographer then Urban is literally in a league by himself.

Regardless I'll say it: "exploding quads" must be painful....

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/08/ ... -of-abuse/

Well isn't this a pickle. Will MSESPN dare to side with Veritas?
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Fill me in guys. I do not know the background behind the Veritas things you are talking about. No kidding.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

I take all "abusive coaches" stories with a grain of salt unless there's substantial proof and those aggrieved show proof. If a dude's quads exploded, did not he miss significant time? Would not that have gotten mentioned in the news, even if he were a backup? Why didn't the injured player himself complain? HIPAA isn't secure enough to keep this covered up, somebody would have known who wasn't "sworn to secrecy" by the UF Gestapo.

Otherwise, generally these stories come from a couple of former players who left with a sour taste in their mouths because they didn't think they were treated fairly in terms of playing time, and a media outlet offers them some cash to "tell their story". Think it's a coincidence that this shows up NOW?

On another note,
Baywave1 wrote:If Urban is interested, I hear the Parma Panthers might be looking for a coach......
Well played. :lol:
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:Fill me in guys. I do not know the background behind the Veritas things you are talking about. No kidding.
Runs politically oriented video "sting" operations which keep him regularly in and out of both legal court and the court of public opinion. Google his name and you literally will get over 10,000,000 hits. He chases publicity so I guess it's not surprising in its own way that he picked Urban as a non-political target because of Meyer's high profile.

He is extremely controversial and since this is a non-political site I'm moving on. Perhaps all this says is that if even O'Keefe is piling on here then Urban's days as OSU coach are truly numbered.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

Baywave1 wrote:
TUPF wrote:Fill me in guys. I do not know the background behind the Veritas things you are talking about. No kidding.
Runs politically oriented video "sting" operations which keep him regularly in and out of both legal court and the court of public opinion. Google his name and you literally will get over 10,000,000 hits. He chases publicity so I guess it's not surprising in its own way that he picked Urban as a non-political target because of Meyer's high profile.

He is extremely controversial and since this is a non-political site I'm moving on. Perhaps all this says is that if even O'Keefe is piling on here then Urban's days as OSU coach are truly numbered.
Any relation to NOLA's O'Keefe's??
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Thanks, Baywave1. Years ago I decided for my own mental health not to follow any of the political talking heads of any ilk, nor any of the poop-stirrers for athletics, so I am truly out of the loop. In my mind they all make their millions making us peons perpetually pissed off about something while they cash their paychecks. My social media interaction these days are limited to the dog rescue I help out, an old cadre of Cold War submariners, the National Seashore I volunteer with, and YOGWF.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

This is not a threadjack but simply a continuous reminder that Meyer is not alone in the flexible rules business. Kadarius is projected to be an important part of UF's offense this season including running the wildcat. fwiw, he was apparently recruited by Tulane and Alabama.

I have no view on this other than I'll highlight the opening by the reporter which suggests this will not end well. Or as put better by others, "If you're explaining, you're losing." :

"A week after one of his players was found with a loaded AR-15 in his car, first-year Florida coach Dan Mullen said he has a no-weapons policy that nonetheless does allow players to own guns.
The Gators should hope Mullen's offense is easier to grasp."

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/florida ... ons-policy
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

Baywave1 wrote:This is not a threadjack but simply a continuous reminder that Meyer is not alone in the flexible rules business. Kadarius is projected to be an important part of UF's offense this season including running the wildcat. fwiw, he was apparently recruited by Tulane and Alabama.

I have no view on this other than I'll highlight the opening by the reporter which suggests this will not end well. Or as put better by others, "If you're explaining, you're losing." :

"A week after one of his players was found with a loaded AR-15 in his car, first-year Florida coach Dan Mullen said he has a no-weapons policy that nonetheless does allow players to own guns.

I'm confused. Kid had a legal weapon in his car so what. I know for a fact some guys on the '98 and later teams had hunting guns because I'd see them heading out as I was heading in from the bar.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Windy, Confusion is understandable for you, me and most of the world reading it. Again golden metric of PR here: "If you're explaining, you're losing."
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

windywave wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:This is not a threadjack but simply a continuous reminder that Meyer is not alone in the flexible rules business. Kadarius is projected to be an important part of UF's offense this season including running the wildcat. fwiw, he was apparently recruited by Tulane and Alabama.

I'm confused. Kid had a legal weapon in his car so what. I know for a fact some guys on the '98 and later teams had hunting guns because I'd see them heading out as I was heading in from the bar.
Most consider an AR-15 as different than a hunting gun. Well, assuming it's animals that you're hunting I suppose.
windywave
Emerald Circle

ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:

Most consider an AR-15 as different than a hunting gun. Well, assuming it's animals that you're hunting I suppose.
Excellent pointless and inaccurate statement (note this not a personal attack)
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:

I think his point was they have a policy that isn't apparently a policy. It's like the Astros' "no tolerance" domestic violence policy.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

I had an old XO on my first boat spell out rule making versus our personal feelings quite well. This was back when zero tolerance drug policies were just then being implemented in the Submarine Force, and it was, well, the 70s.

He said that we didn’t have to agree with a rule or a law but that we had to adhere to them whether we liked it or not. We had to do so without b!tching or undermining authorities. Otherwise, as leaders we would leave the boat in handcuffs. He also said they could outlaw milk tomorrow and he would ensure that anyone caught with a milk mustache would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If we didn’t like it we could get out of the service, run for Congress and have the law changed but barring that, that was the rules we lived under. I loved his line, which was later used in a movie: “our job is to defend democracy, not to practice it”.

If a program has a policy and everyone knows it upfront no matter how ridiculous, you don’t later try to subvert it or twist yourself in a pretzel trying to have it both ways.
windywave
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:

I think his point was they have a policy that isn't apparently a policy. It's like the Astros' "no tolerance" domestic violence policy.
Well he should make his point better using accurate information
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:

Well he should make his point better using accurate information
Yeah, and I meant the point of the writer in the article quoted, not ML. This quote: "A week after one of his players was found with a loaded AR-15 in his car, first-year Florida coach Dan Mullen said he has a no-weapons policy that nonetheless does allow players to own guns.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:

You asked so what, I answered. The pointless part comes in when you referenced the '98 team having hunting guns.
windywave
Emerald Circle

ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:

You asked so what, I answered. The pointless part comes in when you referenced the '98 team having hunting guns.
I used it as context either way you were still inaccurate
#cousins don't count
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:

I used it as context either way you were still inaccurate
Pointless context, but ok. What am I inaccurate about, pray tell?
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

TUPF wrote:If a program has a policy and everyone knows it upfront no matter how ridiculous, you don’t later try to subvert it or twist yourself in a pretzel trying to have it both ways.
Oh, you mean like college athletes who sign on the dotted line that they won't take any money and then spend their four years complaining they should get paid (or taking illegal money secretly)?
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

PeteRasche wrote:
TUPF wrote:If a program has a policy and everyone knows it upfront no matter how ridiculous, you don’t later try to subvert it or twist yourself in a pretzel trying to have it both ways.
Oh, you mean like college athletes who sign on the dotted line that they won't take any money and then spend their four years complaining they should get paid (or taking illegal money secretly)?
Bingo. But then I believe a signature, an oath, your word, means something.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Urban practices for his upcoming LSU HC interview at Thanksgiving.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... zach-smith
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Someone should post that old Honeymooners/Ralph Kramden clip...”hummina, hummina, hummina” while sweating up a storm.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

I don't blame Meyer for lying to media one bit. Generally speaking the media mishandles the truth very frequently. They have proven over, over, and over they will take truth and spin it for various reasons.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

I don’t know what planet you live on but in my world the truth matters. You did something or you did not. The media is not the enemy, lies are.