LSU player criminal activity

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
paleoboy
Crest Level

LSU player criminal activity

Post by paleoboy »

LSU player arrested earlier this year.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 3d6ee.html
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Re: LSU player criminal activity

Post by Baywave1 »

It is bizarre but I don't revel in this. I'm still not over the fixed MBB games from thirty-plus years ago. Tulane lives in the glassiest of houses and we have no room for schadenfreude on criminal behavior even when it occurs with our brethren up river.
paleoboy
Crest Level

Post by paleoboy »

My intention for the post is not to engage in schadenfreude. As a former faculty member of LSU medical school, alumnus (medical school) and Louisiana taxpayer, I want more accountability from LSU and the state of Louisiana. I sent this story to multiple LSU alumni this morning before coming to YOGWF. I believe that attention to this problem from friend and foe (of LSU) is the best thing for LSU. I know LSU can’t be omniscient and always prevent this. But, they can do more. In addition, I don’t want this to be swept under the rug. I’m not anti-sport. I’ had season tickets for Tulane FB until I left New Orleans. I also played right offensive tackle in high school. I had no interest in playing on college level due to injuries.

I do recall the point shaving scandal. It occurred while I was still in high school. If anything, Dr. Kelly’s response helped me to choose Tulane. Three years without college basketball didn’t bother me.

Incidentally, I’m an equal opportunity critic. On YOGWF, I’ve posted links to articles which are embarrassing to Tulane and other institutions. I don’t believe in allowing the tail to wag the dog.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

paleoboy wrote:My intention for the post is not to engage in schadenfreude. As a former faculty member of LSU medical school, alumnus (medical school) and Louisiana taxpayer, I want more accountability from LSU and the state of Louisiana. I sent this story to multiple LSU alumni this morning before coming to YOGWF. I believe that attention to this problem from friend and foe (of LSU) is the best thing for LSU. I know LSU can’t be omniscient and always prevent this. But, they can do more. In addition, I don’t want this to be swept under the rug. I’m not anti-sport. I’ had season tickets for Tulane FB until I left New Orleans. I also played right offensive tackle in high school. I had no interest in playing on college level due to injuries.

I do recall the point shaving scandal. It occurred while I was still in high school. If anything, Dr. Kelly’s response helped me to choose Tulane. Three years without college basketball didn’t bother me.

Incidentally, I’m an equal opportunity critic. On YOGWF, I’ve posted links to articles which are embarrassing to Tulane and other institutions. I don’t believe in allowing the tail to wag the dog.
… now I get your user name :idea:
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

sr wrote:
paleoboy wrote:My intention for the post is not to engage in schadenfreude. As a former faculty member of LSU medical school, alumnus (medical school) and Louisiana taxpayer, I want more accountability from LSU and the state of Louisiana. I sent this story to multiple LSU alumni this morning before coming to YOGWF. I believe that attention to this problem from friend and foe (of LSU) is the best thing for LSU. I know LSU can’t be omniscient and always prevent this. But, they can do more. In addition, I don’t want this to be swept under the rug. I’m not anti-sport. I’ had season tickets for Tulane FB until I left New Orleans. I also played right offensive tackle in high school. I had no interest in playing on college level due to injuries.

I was always thinking Paleolithic :oops:
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

windywave wrote:
sr wrote:

Yeah, my initial thought was a fossil & rock guy...
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

sr wrote:
windywave wrote:
sr wrote:

Yeah, my initial thought was a fossil & rock guy...
I am thinking that is his diet.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Since we have a thread for them, I’ll add another incident. This one punched his girlfriend so hard he broke her rib.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu ... /78218456/
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

waverider wrote:Since we have a thread for them, I’ll add another incident. This one punched his girlfriend so hard he broke her rib.

Looks like there's more to this story …
re: Drake Davis arrested for beating girlfriendPosted on 8/18/18 at 8:19 am
Reported to LSU police in April and this is just coming to light?
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

This story was from a couple hours ago.
The woman accusing LSU football player Drake Davis of punching and grabbing her by the throat on multiple occasions is retracting the allegations, according to Davis' attorney. Marci Blaize said her client’s accuser provided a statement ...
http://tinyurl.com/ycbtzydn
I guess it was “love taps” :roll: Implosion to commence this season.
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Starting right guard charged with sexual assault of a minor.

https://twitter.com/wwltv/status/103209 ... 24544?s=21
Tulane Greenbackers

long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Aggravated sexual assault, and the age of the assaulted party has not been released.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

This is one change from 40 years ago: even though the Advocate still acts as the repository of the Amen Corner of the LSU Kingdom, it does not ignore the bad stuff anymore. Ingram story is reported above the fold on the front page.

Obviously all the alleged ugly details of this story will come out as the prosecution proceeds.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

sr wrote:
waverider wrote:Since we have a thread for them, I’ll add another incident. This one punched his girlfriend so hard he broke her rib.

Looks like there's more to this story …
re: Drake Davis arrested for beating girlfriendPosted on 8/18/18 at 8:19 am
Reported to LSU police in April and this is just coming to light?
Did we learn nothing from Nixon? It’s always the cover up that makes it ten times worse.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium