Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7094
Location: Dripping Springs
OGSB wrote:
Was TCU supposed to be good? 3-4 and in a dogfight at Kansas, trailing 27-24 mid 4th.

When all 150 Kansas fans rush the field after your game, you know it's the low point in your season. TCU loses to Kansas.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:51 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 6008
Rotorooter wrote:
If there was any doubt of who, Florida State confirmed it against Clemson.


Well FSU may have company. Clemson has opened as a 38 point favorite over UL. For those who erased it understandably from their memory banks, that's more than OSU against Tulane. If betting pros know what they are doing, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the popcorn and look forward to reading the Courier Journal after the game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:20 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 14644
Baywave1 wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
If there was any doubt of who, Florida State confirmed it against Clemson.


Well FSU may have company. Clemson has opened as a 38 point favorite over UL. For those who erased it understandably from their memory banks, that's more than OSU against Tulane. If betting pros know what they are doing, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the popcorn and look forward to reading the Courier Journal after the game.


Louisville just got whipped by Wake.

_________________
Seize the day


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 14644
Ray wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Anybody had Wisconsin?

Predictable doody coaching staff & over-rated linemen. (Kinda Pissesd ...haha)


Now 6-4.

_________________
Seize the day


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20689
Location: Chicago
OGSB wrote:
Ray wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Anybody had Wisconsin?

Predictable doody coaching staff & over-rated linemen. (Kinda Pissesd ...haha)


Now 6-4.


They have to be

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:11 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20689
Location: Chicago
Officially Wisconsin

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:37 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3339
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Has anyone mentioned Virginia tech? They're scheduling a contingency game with marshall in case they beat UVA just so they have a chance to keep their bowl streak alive

_________________
Tulane BSCE & Army ROTC class of 2004


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:01 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20689
Location: Chicago
krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
Has anyone mentioned Virginia tech? They're scheduling a contingency game with marshall in case they beat UVA just so they have a chance to keep their bowl streak alive



I watched Wisconsin play yesterday. They do not look like a badger football team, much less a dark horse CFP team

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:23 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3339
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
windywave wrote:
krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
Has anyone mentioned Virginia tech? They're scheduling a contingency game with marshall in case they beat UVA just so they have a chance to keep their bowl streak alive



I watched Wisconsin play yesterday. They do not look like a badger football team, much less a dark horse CFP team

Strange considering they recruit offensive linemen from the Midwest

_________________
Tulane BSCE & Army ROTC class of 2004


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:33 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20689
Location: Chicago
krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
windywave wrote:
krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
Has anyone mentioned Virginia tech? They're scheduling a contingency game with marshall in case they beat UVA just so they have a chance to keep their bowl streak alive



I watched Wisconsin play yesterday. They do not look like a badger football team, much less a dark horse CFP team

Strange considering they recruit offensive linemen from the Midwest


Their defense looked pathetic

They ran for a gazillion yards

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:45 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3339
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
windywave wrote:
krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
windywave wrote:
krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
Has anyone mentioned Virginia tech? They're scheduling a contingency game with marshall in case they beat UVA just so they have a chance to keep their bowl streak alive



I watched Wisconsin play yesterday. They do not look like a badger football team, much less a dark horse CFP team

Strange considering they recruit offensive linemen from the Midwest


Their defense looked pathetic

They ran for a gazillion yards

So they only recruit linemen on the offense? Weird

_________________
Tulane BSCE & Army ROTC class of 2004


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:56 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20689
Location: Chicago
krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
windywave wrote:
krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
windywave wrote:
krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
Has anyone mentioned Virginia tech? They're scheduling a contingency game with marshall in case they beat UVA just so they have a chance to keep their bowl streak alive



I watched Wisconsin play yesterday. They do not look like a badger football team, much less a dark horse CFP team

Strange considering they recruit offensive linemen from the Midwest


Their defense looked pathetic

They ran for a gazillion yards

So they only recruit linemen on the offense? Weird


Exactly :dots:

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:56 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 7116
Location: Wisconsin
Their starting QB has missed 3 of last 4 games (concussion protocol) Amazing soph. RB …..leading nation again in rushing. I am disappointed, but just because they aren't a playoff type team doesn't mean the biggest disappointment in all of college fb. They should finish at a fairly good 8 & 4 before the bowl games.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:42 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 2910
Location: Greeneville, TN
USC belongs in this group as well. They are on the cusp of not even making a bowl a year after winning the Rose Bowl. They had a new qb, sure, but they still have plenty of blue chip talent on the roster. No way they should be this bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:09 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20689
Location: Chicago
Ray wrote:
Their starting QB has missed 3 of last 4 games (concussion protocol) Amazing soph. RB …..leading nation again in rushing. I am disappointed, but just because they aren't a playoff type team doesn't mean the biggest disappointment in all of college fb. They should finish at a fairly good 8 & 4 before the bowl games.


The reason they are disappointing was this was supposed to be THE YEAR. Northwestern has potential to be barely above .500 and the B1G champ

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:51 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 7116
Location: Wisconsin
windywave wrote:
Ray wrote:
Their starting QB has missed 3 of last 4 games (concussion protocol) Amazing soph. RB …..leading nation again in rushing. I am disappointed, but just because they aren't a playoff type team doesn't mean the biggest disappointment in all of college fb. They should finish at a fairly good 8 & 4 before the bowl games.


The reason they are disappointing was this was supposed to be THE YEAR. Northwestern has potential to be barely above .500 and the B1G champ

I like Northwestern, coaches AND players.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:53 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20689
Location: Chicago
Ray wrote:
windywave wrote:
Ray wrote:
Their starting QB has missed 3 of last 4 games (concussion protocol) Amazing soph. RB …..leading nation again in rushing. I am disappointed, but just because they aren't a playoff type team doesn't mean the biggest disappointment in all of college fb. They should finish at a fairly good 8 & 4 before the bowl games.


The reason they are disappointing was this was supposed to be THE YEAR. Northwestern has potential to be barely above .500 and the B1G champ

I like Northwestern, coaches AND players.


So do I

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:13 pm 
Online
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2911
BEST COACH IN THE COUNTRY. And that has been true for years. Fitzgerald gets more out of his talent than anyone in the country. They are always ready to play.

And David Cutcliffe has matured into a very nice coach also. Throw in the guy at UAB - what a job he has done.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:57 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7094
Location: Dripping Springs
windywave wrote:
Ray wrote:
windywave wrote:
Ray wrote:
Their starting QB has missed 3 of last 4 games (concussion protocol) Amazing soph. RB …..leading nation again in rushing. I am disappointed, but just because they aren't a playoff type team doesn't mean the biggest disappointment in all of college fb. They should finish at a fairly good 8 & 4 before the bowl games.


The reason they are disappointing was this was supposed to be THE YEAR. Northwestern has potential to be barely above .500 and the B1G champ

I like Northwestern, coaches AND players.


So do I

Like their campus too - next to the Lake. My sister went from Newcomb to Grad School at Northwestern and never came back home (except on holidays). Lived in Evanston the rest of her working life. Now in Tucson thawing out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:59 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20689
Location: Chicago
sr wrote:
windywave wrote:
Ray wrote:
windywave wrote:
Ray wrote:
Their starting QB has missed 3 of last 4 games (concussion protocol) Amazing soph. RB …..leading nation again in rushing. I am disappointed, but just because they aren't a playoff type team doesn't mean the biggest disappointment in all of college fb. They should finish at a fairly good 8 & 4 before the bowl games.


The reason they are disappointing was this was supposed to be THE YEAR. Northwestern has potential to be barely above .500 and the B1G champ

I like Northwestern, coaches AND players.


So do I

Like their campus too - next to the Lake. My sister went from Newcomb to Grad School at Northwestern and never came back home (except on holidays). Lived in Evanston the rest of her working life. Now in Tucson thawing out.


Yeah I'm still freezing my ass off

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group