Green Wave Fans Fantasy - League Cancelled

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Green Wave Fans Fantasy - League Cancelled

Post by GSx »

I PM'd So Fla Wave about the league, but never heard from him. i hope he's okay.
Still I see it's set up for again this year, with the same players.
Is everyone playing? Should we (I) start a new one?
Last edited by GSx on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Re: Fantasy Football

Post by Poseidon »

What type, basic NFL?
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

I'm still playing in it.
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

Depending on how many people are in, does anyone else want to play this year? I'm willing to sit out, but I'll fill if there's an odd number. I've been in the last couple of years and the results have generally been pretty terrible. I blame the auto-draft.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

I'm game if there's room but don't drop out to make space for me.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

The thing is So Fla Wave controls the game, so we'd have to set up a new one, because unless everyone returns we'd have dormant teams which ruins the game. I'll try to do it this afternoon.

I went 2-11 last season...I don't think anyone can top that bit of terrible.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Re: New Fantasy League Set Up

Post by GSx »

ESPN apparently no longer uses a League name and password. I have to invite owners.
So if you'd like to play, please send me an email to jbr5716@gmail.com and I will send you an invite.
We need 10.
The new league is Green Wave Fans
I am doing this because the owner of the Friends of Tulane league that we have played for several years seems to be out of pocket. I hope he's okay.
I have the same standards settings So Fla Wave used...autopick draft early morning Wednesday 9/5. If you have suggestions for changes, let me know.
Anyway, send me an email.
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

GSx wrote:ESPN apparently no longer uses a League name and password. I have to invite owners.
So if you'd like to play, please send me an email to jbr5716@gmail.com and I will send you an invite.
We need 10.
I am doing this because the owner of the Friends of Tulane league that we have played for several years seems to be out of pocket. I hope he's okay.
I have the same standards settings So Fla Wave used...autopick draft early morning Wednesday 9/5. If you have suggestions for changes, let me know.

Just sent you an email.....how do you feel about Qb touchdowns as 6 points & possible 1 point PPR scoring? Thanks man.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

BACONWAVE wrote:
GSx wrote:ESPN apparently no longer uses a League name and password. I have to invite owners.
We need 10.

Just sent you an email.....how do you feel about Qb touchdowns as 6 points & possible 1 point PPR scoring? Thanks man.
QBs already score too many points! I like half point PPR
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
GSx
Emerald Circle

Re: Green Wave Fans Fantasy - still more open spots....

Post by GSx »

Yes basic NFL. It's an autodraft, but you can rearrange the rankings in any order. You start 1QB, 1 TE, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB/TE flex, 1 PK and 1 Defense. The draft is important and you have to use teh waiver wire.

Any other thoughts on QB scoring suggested by Bacon? I lean to no change, but I'll go with the majority.

Re PPR, are you suggesting 1 point per reception in addition to the regular points based on yardage? Does that apply to QBs too? I've never used PPR but it sound interesting.

We have 5 players: Kyle, Gerry, Matt, John and Jim (me). Need 5 more. Send your email to jbr5716@gmail.com
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

GSx wrote:Yes basic NFL. It's an autodraft, but you can rearrange the rankings in any order. You start 1QB, 1 TE, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB/TE flex, 1 PK and 1 Defense. The draft is important and you have to use teh waiver wire.

Any other thoughts on QB scoring suggested by Bacon? I lean to no change, but I'll go with the majority.

Re PPR, are you suggesting 1 point per reception in addition to the regular points based on yardage? Does that apply to QBs too? I've never used PPR but it sound interesting.

We have 5 players: Kyle, Gerry, Matt, John and Jim (me). Need 5 more. Send your email to jbr5716@gmail.com
PPR is only for catches it doesn't change QB scoring. I think a while point skews it too much to receiving. I like half point as it balances it a bit better.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

gerryb323 wrote:
GSx wrote:Yes basic NFL. It's an autodraft, but you can rearrange the rankings in any order. You start 1QB, 1 TE, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB/TE flex, 1 PK and 1 Defense. The draft is important and you have to use teh waiver wire.

PPR is only for catches it doesn't change QB scoring. I think a while point skews it too much to receiving. I like half point as it balances it a bit better.
I've played both ways and while it makes a difference, I'm indifferent about using it. Same deal with QBs.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Re: Green Wave Fans Fantasy - Still Need players

Post by GSx »

Last call - have 5 players, need 5 more players.

Rank the players as you like. No-hassle Auto draft early Wednesday morning. Wake up to see you gifts!
chigoyboy
Breaker Level

Post by chigoyboy »

i sent you an email
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

You're in chigoyboy
We have 6 - if we don't get 4 more by 10 or so tonight, I'll just cancel it.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

the other league autodrafted last night.. Joel sent an email out on Monday reminding people

Ezekial Elliott is on the block
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

I never got the email.
I guess I'll just see what I can do in Joel's using ESPN's draft order and cancel the one I set up - only 6 players.
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Re: Green Wave Fans Fantasy - League Cancelled

Post by BACONWAVE »

As the new ESPN FANTASY LEAGUE CHAMPION...... :santablue: .........My first order of business will be to make Visualmagic actually say one good thing about Tulane Baseball!!!!!
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

BACONWAVE wrote:As the new ESPN FANTASY LEAGUE CHAMPION...... :santablue: .........My first order of business will be to make Visualmagic actually say one good thing about Tulane Baseball!!!!!
I had a bad first week in the semis... didn't even bother looking at my team for the consolation game.. with A. A Ron going down in week 17, I imagine I got pwned pretty badly
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Johnny Mac wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:As the new ESPN FANTASY LEAGUE CHAMPION...... :santablue: .........My first order of business will be to make Visualmagic actually say one good thing about Tulane Baseball!!!!!
I had a bad first week in the semis... didn't even bother looking at my team for the consolation game.. with A. A Ron going down in week 17, I imagine I got pwned pretty badly
The finals were in week 17? Ugh
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

gerryb323 wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
both playoff rounds were 2 week aggregate... round 1 14-15, round 2 16-17.. after I posted I took a look and I think my opponent put as much thought into her lineup as I did.. I somehow won the consolation game.. by a lot.

if you break down the three weeks I played Bacon, I won 2 of 3.. I won the regular season game, lost the first week of the 2 week aggregate, but won the 2nd week, albeit not enough to make up my week 1 deficit. Horseshoes and hand grenades.
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

Johnny Mac wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
both playoff rounds were 2 week aggregate... round 1 14-15, round 2 16-17.. after I posted I took a look and I think my opponent put as much thought into her lineup as I did.. I somehow won the consolation game.. by a lot.

if you break down the three weeks I played Bacon, I won 2 of 3.. I won the regular season game, lost the first week of the 2 week aggregate, but won the 2nd week, albeit not enough to make up my week 1 deficit. Horseshoes and hand grenades.

Playing till week 17 sucks!!!! I had to drop starters like Kamera & pick up players like CJ Anderson since teams rested players....but they actually produced!!!! The guy I played had his full team but luckily my pick-ups carried me home. I still think we can get another league going next year on like Yahoo or something.