A certain team from from a certain city

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Man in Green
President's Circle

Re: A certain team from from a certain city

Post by Man in Green »

Saints open as 8.5 favorite.
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

gerryb323 wrote:Almost as bad as the end of Saints-Vikings last year
What? Worse. Not even close. At the moment, of course, I was stunned after the Diggs miracle, but I was over it pretty quick. All that fate and karma stuff. Bang bang lucky play.

This was a 41 yard FG, at home in front of fans, and the way the guy missed it after the same recent misses - it would be much harder for me to get over.

Minny got completely lucky = doody like that happens. This had nothing to do with luck.
Bring home da Wave!
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

doncecco wrote:
What? Worse. Not even close. At the moment, of course, I was stunned after the Diggs miracle, but I was over it pretty quick. All that fate and karma stuff. Bang bang lucky play.

This was a 41 yard FG, at home in front of fans, and the way the guy missed it after the same recent misses - it would be much harder for me to get over.

Minny got completely lucky = doody like that happens. This had nothing to do with luck.
Nah. Field goal missed happen all the time. Parkey missed 11 kicks this year. See Windy's reaction. Bears fans expected him to miss. Yeah, it sucks, but the saints ending was way worse
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:
doncecco wrote:

Nah. Field goal missed happen all the time. Parkey missed 11 kicks this year. See Windy's reaction. Bears fans expected him to miss. Yeah, it sucks, but the saints ending was way worse
After he made the one before the ice the kicker TO I knew we were screwed.... The kick may have been tipped a bit which again does me no good
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Last edited by sr on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Man in Green wrote:Saints open as 8.5 favorite.
Sounds about right. Survive and advance. I thought we had lost seeing the long Bears KO return and the long pass completion down the sidelines.

But one caution to Saints fans pointing to the regular season drubbing. This does not appear to be the same team that got smoked by the Saints in New Orleans. This is still the Saints’ game to lose but somehow the Eagles are finding a way.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

TUPF wrote:
Sounds about right. Survive and advance. I thought we had lost seeing the long Bears KO return and the long pass completion down the sidelines.

But one caution to Saints fans pointing to the regular season drubbing. This does not appear to be the same team that got smoked by the Saints in New Orleans. This is still the Saints’ game to lose but somehow the Eagles are finding a way.
Playoff Nick Foles appears to be > regular season Wentz
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Playoff Nick Foles appears to be > regular season Wentz
I think that thought is being whispered in Philly but keeps getting kicked down the road. The Wentz injuries don’t help.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

Replay shows that the kick was actually tipped/partially blocked, so the line deserves some blame here, rather than just Parkey.

Also, I'm just gonna leave this here....

http://www.nfl.com/player/robbiegould/2506264/profile
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

I read john fox didnt get along with Gould. He had a bad last year with bears but was very good up till then. He does alot for the childrems hospital here and charity.

Oh well
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

Why anyone would sign a guy the Dolphins cut
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

FW wrote:Why anyone would sign a guy the Dolphins cut
Friends from miami were shocked we did
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

TUPF wrote:

Saints aren't exactly the same team either (and not in a good way).
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

GretnaGrn wrote:Replay shows that the kick was actually tipped/partially blocked, so the line deserves some blame here, rather than just Parkey.
I’m just now seeing some of that frame by frame analysis which seems to indicate a wisp of a tip by the Eagles which shifts some of the blame away from the Bears kicker and makes it more of “Eagles won” and not just “Bears kicker choked”. Still, it wasn’t enough to notice in real time nor by any of the commentators I heard.
PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

I expect to see windy all over national TV and social media this weekend when he kicks the 43 yard field goal and wins a free year's worth of Goose Island...
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears ... s-pressure

(lemme guess, Goose Island isn't good and it's not worth trying?) :lol:
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

PeteRasche wrote:I expect to see windy all over national TV and social media this weekend when he kicks the 43 yard field goal and wins a free year's worth of Goose Island...

Now if it was fireball...
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote:I expect to see windy all over national TV and social media this weekend when he kicks the 43 yard field goal and wins a free year's worth of Goose Island...

So, literally, hold my beer.
I bet Kevin Butler can still hit a 43-yarder
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

gerryb323 wrote:

Funny story...he came to my camp in Iraq and I got to wear his Super Bowl ring
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

gerryb323 wrote:

I bet Gary Butler can still hit a 43 yarder.
(obscure?) 8)

In all seriousness, I bet a lot of former high school and college kickers show up.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Depends which one.... I have a ton of their porter in the garage right now
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:

(obscure?) 8)

In all seriousness, I bet a lot of former high school and college kickers show up.
Eddie Murray, Brad Palazzo and I'm sure Seth Marler could all still hit it too. I'd wonder about any eligibility rules.
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

wonder if its off a tee. my brother in law could probably do it as he played collegiate soccer.
PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

Yankeewave wrote:wonder if its off a tee. my brother in law could probably do it as he played collegiate soccer.
My first thought was, "they're gonna be giving away a lot of beer". Makes me wonder if there will be other qualifying restrictions that are not mentioned here. The average Joe isn't making one from that far, but there are likely dozens of former kickers, and a lot of soccer players, who will drive a decent distance this weekend to participate. Another thought, how the weather looking? We're supposed to get a little snow, so if you are getting more (plus wind), that's another wrinkle...
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

PeteRasche wrote:
Yankeewave wrote:wonder if its off a tee. my brother in law could probably do it as he played collegiate soccer.
My first thought was, "they're gonna be giving away a lot of beer". Makes me wonder if there will be other qualifying restrictions that are not mentioned here. The average Joe isn't making one from that far, but there are likely dozens of former kickers, and a lot of soccer players, who will drive a decent distance this weekend to participate. Another thought, how the weather looking? We're supposed to get a little snow, so if you are getting more (plus wind), that's another wrinkle...
WINTER... it was in the 40s for the last week or so... today high of 25 with a wind advisory
#cousins don't count
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

PeteRasche wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:

(obscure?) 8)

I had the same thought...but then we would be the two to think that, now wouldn't we.... :lol: