Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Last Chance U
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:57 pm 
Navigator Level

I got through about 4 Episodes of Season 3 and then couldn't take it anymore. At first I thought it was going to be interesting and quirky and then decided that Coach Jason Brown is completely out of bounds with his cruel and abusive behavior towards his staff. How the college president doesn't step in and tell him he's a human resources nightmare I don't know.

It was interesting to see there was a Rice player on the team there.

Also, Jonathan Banks went through Independence Community College.

Post subject: Re: Last Chance U
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:15 pm 
Junior

First two seasons were much better (and situated in Mississippi so more relevant to Tulane and NOLA).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:19 am 
Regent's Circle

angrywavedad wrote:
First two seasons were much better (and situated in Mississippi so more relevant to Tulane and NOLA).

First two seasons were great, although the coach was also pretty abusive. Haven't seen the third yet (although I intend to), but it's hard to imagine someone being much worse and keeping his job.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:27 pm 
Crest Level

I found myself hoping they would lose because the entire team was so unlikeable. Really felt for the QB coach who had to deal with both the HC and the ridiculous QB antics...and he wasn't even getting paid.

The last episode with updates from the previous two seasons was good.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:13 pm 
Emerald Circle

I need to watch this show and see if it's really that bad (compared to what I experienced in college) or if y'all just have no clue what college coaches are actually like. 8)

I vividly remember an instance where a certain unnamed coach used the F Word 13 times in a single sentence. I was impressed at his conjugation!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:19 pm 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
I need to watch this show and see if it's really that bad (compared to what I experienced in college) or if y'all just have no clue what college coaches are actually like. 8)

I vividly remember an instance where a certain unnamed coach used the F Word 13 times in a single sentence. I was impressed at his conjugation!

I had a roommate during med school from Piermont, New York; I don't think he could say three sentences without dropping an f-bomb. he used as a noun, verb, adverb, adjective, participle, conjunction, preposition, command, just to name a few of what I recall.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:40 pm 
Emerald Circle

AO Sig wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

I had a roommate during med school from Piermont, New York; I don't think he could say three sentences without dropping an f-bomb. he used as a noun, verb, adverb, adjective, participle, conjunction, preposition, command, just to name a few of what I recall.

So you’ve met some of my old shipmates...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:16 am 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:

The first two seasons went a bit beyond foul language. They are very worth watching, though. I do wonder if it might be different from football to basketball. I'm sure there's a difference between what's tolerated at a tiny, rural Mississippi community college and Tulane (from both coaches and athletes).