Drew Brees passes Peyton Manning for all time passing yards

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Drew Brees passes Peyton Manning for all time passing yards

Unread post by AO Sig »

Man, what a way to break the record- needs 35 or so yards, gets it on a 60 yard touchdown pass.

Everyone who I have heard that have met him say that he is a truly class act. I remember that he has been around the Tulane facilities on and off. Given some of the people in football, it is nice to have a few class acts still around. Loved the way he hugged and spoke with his kids on the sideline after the TD, even paused for a photo with his family before going onto the field.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Re: Drew Brees passes Peyton Manning for all time passing ya

Unread post by Fan Since '54 »

Our creator dealt New Orleans a terrible blow in '05 with Katrina. But then came Drew Brees in '06 and we residents of the Big Easy have had the pleasure of enjoying the GOAT ever since. Thank you Drew. And congrats on your latest and greatest (well one other might be better) accomplishment yet. We are proud of you sir and are forever glad that you have been, not only a great quarterback but a great neighbor.

FS'54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
doncecco
President's Circle

Unread post by doncecco »

AO Sig wrote:Man, what a way to break the record- needs 35 or so yards, gets it on a 60 yard touchdown pass.

Everyone who I have heard that have met him say that he is a truly class act. I remember that he has been around the Tulane facilities on and off. Given some of the people in football, it is nice to have a few class acts still around. Loved the way he hugged and spoke with his kids on the sideline after the TD, even paused for a photo with his family before going onto the field.
Did you hear what he told his kids when he hugged his kids?

"This shows you can do anything if you work hard enough."

Not sure how there will ever be a more favorite person of all time for me (for someone I don't personally know).
Bring home da Wave!
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Loved Manning's response:
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/10 ... 9509983232

Seriously, happy for New Orleans, couldn't have been a better scene than to do it in front of the home crowd on a Monday Night, national audience, doing it with a TD (so play stops anyway and there's no rush to get the game resumed), and then have it be a blowout so he could be subbed out mid-drive and receive another ovation in recognition.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

Not to mention that sweet laminate paper he received from the ref!
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

It was beautiful and deserved on every level. From afar, Brees definitely seems like a class act, and I'm very happy for him. Peyton's video response was hilarious; as a friend pointed out, he has a career waiting for him as a comedic actor if he wants it, methinks.
doncecco
President's Circle

Unread post by doncecco »

GretnaGrn wrote:It was beautiful and deserved on every level. From afar, Brees definitely seems like a class act, and I'm very happy for him. Peyton's video response was hilarious; as a friend pointed out, he has a career waiting for him as a comedic actor if he wants it, methinks.
If anything negative ever comes out on Drew, I will be crushed.

Don't run for office or agree to a political appointment Drew, it's not worth it!
Bring home da Wave!