Week VII

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Week VII

Post by windywave »

Mullen and UF's staff is classless
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Week VII

Post by windywave »

That's the first legitimate targeting penalty I've seen... frick dirty
#cousins don't count
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

No doubt it was targeting. Mullen was not like that at Ms St. Turned thug like that program.
Wandering Quaker
President's Circle

Post by Wandering Quaker »

That place seems to attract some high class folks.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

They did beat LSU last week so they're not all bad.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Nebraska is 0-6 for the first time in history and I actually saw a story out there speculating on Scott Frost’s future.
Victory is never permanent
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

Good week to not play and watch other teams piss themselves for once.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

OGSB wrote:Nebraska is 0-6 for the first time in history and I actually saw a story out there speculating on Scott Frost’s future.
well in "Six Degrees of Ellis Johnson" when he got fired after putting up the 0-12 season, USM had to give its home game with Nebraska back to the Huskers to fund the buyout.

Huskers would owe $26 million to Frost and $4+ million to staff.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 633224002/

If they actually can their messiah alum, the year after he wins the MNC at UCF ( :wink: ) UN will change its stadium motto to "Through these portals walk the most deluded football fans in the world." Folks, as we all know achieving that title is incredibly competitive: harder even than winning an MNC!

BTW, Les Miles is still available if they need help from players' dads during the coaching search...…...
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

OGSB wrote:Nebraska is 0-6 for the first time in history and I actually saw a story out there speculating on Scott Frost’s future.

There is no way they're firing him
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:

He's got at least 3 years
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:

He's got at least 3 years
More than that.... Osbourne hand picked him
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Iowa State wins... also they have surprisingly talented cheerleaders
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

This has been a FREAKING GREAT flipping the channel day
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Arkansas screws the pooch
#cousins don't count
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

windywave wrote:

Probably not, just thought it was unusual since I wasn't on a Nebraska fan site or something.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

OGSB wrote:
windywave wrote:

Probably not, just thought it was unusual since I wasn't on a Nebraska fan site or something.
See link above. If USA Today is speculating on it, it's not mindless internet chatter. Just look at LSU and Miles (which of course might prompt the UN folks to be off the planet rash. They would say, "See it is the coach. We have the talent. Yeah Scott can coach up a G5 team but when he gets real national championship material, he screws the pooch. Nice guy though. Let's give him a job with Tom O to press the flesh in the President's Box and get a real P5 coach like say Saban."

It took Rabalais 18 months fire up the auto da fe to roast Miles. I give Frost two years if he doesn't have winning record in 2019. If he truly is Ellis J.'s doppelganger, he is gone in December. I rate that a 10% chance at most since he still has Bethune-Cookman on schedule. If he does pull a Howard-UNLV repeat, he won't even make it to the President's Box.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Baywave1 wrote:
OGSB wrote:
windywave wrote:

See link above. If USA Today is speculating on it, it's not mindless internet chatter. Just look at LSU and Miles (which of course might prompt the UN folks to be off the planet rash. They would say, "See it is the coach. We have the talent. Yeah Scott can coach up a G5 team but when he gets real national championship material, he screws the pooch. Nice guy though. Let's give him a job with Tom O to press the flesh in the President's Box and get a real P5 coach like say Saban."

It took Rabalais 18 months fire up the auto da fe to roast Miles. I give Frost two years if he doesn't have winning record in 2019. If he truly is Ellis J.'s doppelganger, he is gone in December. I rate that a 10% chance at most since he still has Bethune-Cookman on schedule. If he does pull a Howard-UNLV repeat, he won't even make it to the President's Box.
I think USA Today is the article I read.

It’s useful to see what is happening at UCF after his departure. Still rolling. If they had collapsed, or even come back to earth it would be more of a mystery. A lot of times it’s not the coach, it’s the program. See Boise St and their ex coaches. The exception being the one who went to Washington, not to turn them around though but to keep them going.

And as always, past performance is no guarantee of future results.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

OGSB wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
OGSB wrote:
windywave wrote:

It’s useful to see what is happening at UCF after his departure. Still rolling. If they had collapsed, or even come back to earth it would be more of a mystery. A lot of times it’s not the coach, it’s the program. See Boise St and their ex coaches. The exception being the one who went to Washington, not to turn them around though but to keep them going.

Really Dan Hawkins is the one who skews that. I'd take Houston Nutt at Arkansas or Koetter's career since then.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

gerryb323 wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
OGSB wrote:
windywave wrote:

Really Dan Hawkins is the one who skews that. I'd take Houston Nutt at Arkansas or Koetter's career since then.
I didn’t mean to imply that they flamed out. Houston Nutt did well but he was only at Boise for 1 season, 5-6 at that. When Arizona St hired Koetter Boise has won 20 games in the past 2 seasons and 26 in his 3 years there. They were expecting to win more than he did (40 wins in 6 seasons or 6.7 wins per year).
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

"Funnymaine" (who always amuses me, regardless of how I feel about Bama) is particularly good this week.