Coaching Carousel '18-'19

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Coaching Carousel '18-'19

Unread post by gerryb323 »

Bowling Green has relieved Mike Jinks of head coaching duties. Jinks took over when Dino Babers went to Syracuse. "Guided" Bowling Green to 4-8, 2-10, and 1-6 records. Carl Pelini will take over on an interim basis.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Re: Coaching Carousel '18-'19

Unread post by OGSB »

I guess he Jinksed them
Victory is never permanent
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

OGSB wrote:I guess he Jinksed them
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

I haven’t seen anything official but lots of unofficial reports that Beaty is out at Kansas.

On edit - looks like he’ll finish the season then leave.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

OGSB wrote:I haven’t seen anything official but lots of unofficial reports that Beaty is out at Kansas.

We'll see if that disrupts the recruiting expressway from Orleans Parish to Lawrence.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Baywave1 wrote:
OGSB wrote:I haven’t seen anything official but lots of unofficial reports that Beaty is out at Kansas.

We'll see if that disrupts the recruiting expressway from Orleans Parish to Lawrence.
Is there anyone for 19 that we wanted who is currently committed to KU? I remember reading a bunch of names but I feel like those were all 18?

Of course, folks will start freaking out that we've won two games in a row and therefore Fritz will be at the top of Kansas' list and leave... :roll:
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

PeteRasche wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:

Is there anyone for 19 that we wanted who is currently committed to KU? I remember reading a bunch of names but I feel like those were all 18?

Of course, folks will start freaking out that we've won two games in a row and therefore Fritz will be at the top of Kansas' list and leave... :roll:
I am not sure why he would go there they don't pay much more than we do if any. He would probably go well at k-state.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

HAH! I missed the easy one that was lobbed underhanded here by wondering about recruiting. If Tulane continues its November run, I can't wait for the nervous Nellies here predicting Willie will go home, yada yada yada.

I don't see it happening, period. Why? As LG pithily said last year, "No one is going to hire a 58 year old option coach" with a losing cumulative record at his last job. Fritz is ours and we are his until he rides into the sunset (with or without a mob of peasants with torches and pitchforks behind him.)
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Poseidon wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:

I am not sure why he would go there they don't pay much more than we do if any. He would probably go well at k-state.
Sorry, I thought the eyeroll was enough, I didn't bother with the pink sarcasm font. :mrgreen:
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

visualmagic
President's Circle

Unread post by visualmagic »

Baywave1 wrote:HAH! I missed the easy one that was lobbed underhanded here by wondering about recruiting. If Tulane continues its November run, I can't wait for the nervous Nellies here predicting Willie will go home, yada yada yada.

I don't see it happening, period. Why? As LG pithily said last year, "No one is going to hire a 58 year old option coach" with a losing cumulative record at his last job. Fritz is ours and we are his until he rides into the sunset (with or without a mob of peasants with torches and pitchforks behind him.)
Not that I want him to go but I wouldn’t lose any sleep if he took the Kansas job.
CT Wave
Coach Level

Unread post by CT Wave »

visualmagic wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:HAH! I missed the easy one that was lobbed underhanded here by wondering about recruiting. If Tulane continues its November run, I can't wait for the nervous Nellies here predicting Willie will go home, yada yada yada.

Not that I want him to go but I wouldn’t lose any sleep if he took the Kansas job.
And why am I not surprised?
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
visualmagic
President's Circle

Unread post by visualmagic »

CT Wave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:

And why am I not surprised?
What does that even mean?
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Unread post by krewe of ham and eggs »

Just got a notification from Yahoo sports that Louisville fired petrino
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:Just got a notification from Yahoo sports that Louisville fired petrino
Good riddance
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:Just got a notification from Yahoo sports that Louisville fired petrino
Looks like Louisville has finally finished their enema. First Pitino, then Jurich, now Petrino. You would think that would be the end for him, but some idiot AD somewhere will pick him up, you watch.
Plan your work, work your plan.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

Rotorooter wrote:
Looks like Louisville has finally finished their enema. First Pitino, then Jurich, now Petrino. You would think that would be the end for him, but some idiot AD somewhere will pick him up, you watch.
There are plenty of places that need an accomplished OC. Even if he doesn't get work as a head coach, I bet somebody will give him a shot running the offense.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
There are plenty of places that need an accomplished OC. Even if he doesn't get work as a head coach, I bet somebody will give him a shot running the offense.
Now that you mention it...
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
Now that you mention it...
:twisted: :angel:
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

These delusional idiots think Brohm is going to leave the B1G for the Louisville dumpster fire. They will have to back up the truck.... oh wait Petrino has a 14MM buyout
#cousins don't count
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

windywave wrote:
These delusional idiots think Brohm is going to leave the B1G for the Louisville dumpster fire. They will have to back up the truck.... oh wait Petrino has a 14MM buyout
It's reportedly Brohm's dream job. If they can find the money, and I suspect they can, he's gone.
windywave
Emerald Circle

tulaneoutlaw wrote:
windywave wrote:
It's reportedly Brohm's dream job. If they can find the money, and I suspect they can, he's gone.
He could replace Urban Meyer the way he's going.
#cousins don't count
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

windywave wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
windywave wrote:
Maybe, but Louisville has a head start since their job is already open. More importantly, Brohm went 7-6 at Purdue last year and is 5-5 this year so trending the same way. I'm not sure that's the kind of record OSU will go for, even if it is at Purdue.
windywave
Emerald Circle

tulaneoutlaw wrote:
windywave wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
windywave wrote:
Maybe, but Louisville has a head start since their job is already open. More importantly, Brohm went 7-6 at Purdue last year and is 5-5 this year so trending the same way. I'm not sure that's the kind of record OSU will go for, even if it is at Purdue.
That record at Purdue is outstanding and more impressive than anything one else in the conference. I think he gets coach of the year.
#cousins don't count
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

You could be right Windy. It would be far from the worst hire OSU could make, if they are looking. I think Pat Fitzgerald probably gets coach of the year since Northwestern has really overachieved. Maybe Harbaugh if he thumps OSU and wins the title game