Alabama fan dies after bar fight with LSU fans

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Alabama fan dies after bar fight with LSU fans

Unread post by OGSB »

Victory is never permanent
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Alabama fan dies after bar fight with LSU fans

Unread post by windywave »

That's a shame. Completely unnecessary waste.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Those Bama fans will be yelling Roll Tide from cell block D.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

TUPF wrote:Those Bama fans will be yelling Roll Tide from cell block D.
The Bama fan was the one who died.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Poseidon wrote:
Good call. My reading comprehension obviously needs work.

I guess cell block D will smell of corn dogs.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

TUPF wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
Good call. My reading comprehension obviously needs work.

I guess cell block D will smell of corn dogs.
No; it is in Louisiana; the DA will find something such as they weren't read their Miranda rights, or it was self-defense (I mean it was one huge oppressively mean Alabama fan taking on and assaulting a few puny little LSU fans who got a couple of lucky hits in defense), or there were extenuating circumstances that resulted in his demise being a justifiable homicide.

Although, I will bet corn dogs would be popular in the cell block....
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Fan Since '54 »

I guess the Bama fan was riding the LSU fans just a bit too hard. But is anyone here surprised that this involved LSU fans beating the guy enough that the Bama fan ended up dying because of that beating. In order to do that he was probably at one point unable to defend himself and the LSU fans just kept pummeling him. This is probably similar to something that might have happened at the Coliseum back in the days of the Roman Empire. What next?

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

A single blow could be enough to kill, if it impacts in the wrong place.

The fans from Baton Rouge need to be taken to task about their long-running and continuing irrational support of their team. They think it's "funny" to be so overly impassioned, but they need some examples to be set, so that they will cool their jets and park their butts in a corner.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Roller wrote:A single blow could be enough to kill, if it impacts in the wrong place.

The fans from Baton Rouge need to be taken to task about their long-running and continuing irrational support of their team. They think it's "funny" to be so overly impassioned, but they need some examples to be set, so that they will cool their jets and park their butts in a corner.
Actually they just likely need to know how to handle drinking and drugs without becoming rage-monsters.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

So the headline is mostly true (it doesn’t sound like a fight so much as a guy getting jumped) but maybe pointed us to the wrong conclusion:
“We really don’t know what started the verbal argument,” he said.
Witnesses told her that while her dad and cousin were at the bar, a man took issue with some of the interactions the cousin was having with one of the women at the bar, Bowers said.
https://www.nola.com/crime/2018/11/man- ... e-say.html
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

Fan Since '54 wrote:I guess the Bama fan was riding the LSU fans just a bit too hard. But is anyone here surprised that this involved LSU fans beating the guy enough that the Bama fan ended up dying because of that beating. In order to do that he was probably at one point unable to defend himself and the LSU fans just kept pummeling him. This is probably similar to something that might have happened at the Coliseum back in the days of the Roman Empire. What next?

Fan since '54
According to reports, they continued kicking and punching his head after he was unconscious. It should be a clear murder charge.
detltu
Riptide Level

Unread post by detltu »

GretnaGrn wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:I guess the Bama fan was riding the LSU fans just a bit too hard. But is anyone here surprised that this involved LSU fans beating the guy enough that the Bama fan ended up dying because of that beating. In order to do that he was probably at one point unable to defend himself and the LSU fans just kept pummeling him. This is probably similar to something that might have happened at the Coliseum back in the days of the Roman Empire. What next?

Fan since '54
According to reports, they continued kicking and punching his head after he was unconscious. It should be a clear murder charge.
Heard a third hand story that the fight wasn't about the game but about the daughter and/or niece that was with him at the bar. One guy sucker punched him and knocked him out and the other guy punched and/or kicked him while he laid there unconscious. Both of those guys should get what they deserve, and guy number 2 should be facing murder if that is correct.
Louisiana Tech BS ME 2003 - I'm a huge Tech fan so read anything I say about Tech with that knowledge
Tulane PMBA class of 2013
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

detltu wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:

Fan since '54
Heard a third hand story that the fight wasn't about the game but about the daughter and/or niece that was with him at the bar. One guy sucker punched him and knocked him out and the other guy punched and/or kicked him while he laid there unconscious. Both of those guys should get what they deserve, and guy number 2 should be facing murder if that is correct.
Headlines aside, that's what the news articles say.