Texas A&M incident with Kragthorpe

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Texas A&M incident with Kragthorpe

Post by Johnny Mac »

A video has emerged showing Steve Kragthorpe was gently pushed away by Jimbo Fisher's nephew and not "punched in the pacemaker".. follow up video shows an LSU DB landing a haymaker on him, although Fisher's nephew threw the first punch

https://twitter.com/BrentZwerneman/stat ... 6288315393

but the Kragthorpe accusation is typical corn dogger horse shiat
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Re: Texas A&M incident with Kragthorpe

Post by GreenieBacker »

just some LSU Sour Grapes residue.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

I think the CW narrative has already been set on this. It's like the Zimmer-Pedro "brawl.'' Martinez is standing aside from the big fight, Zimmer charges him and Martinez shoves him aside roughly instead of just gently avoiding him. Then next thing you know the NYC media make it "super rich spoiled baseball brat takes out beloved 70 year old coach with a plate in his head."

I don't think it matters what young Fisher did in all this (and I literally have no sympathy for him), he now has the scarlett letter tattooed to his forehead.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

Baywave1 wrote:I think the CW narrative has already been set on this. It's like the Zimmer-Pedro "brawl.'' Martinez is standing aside from the big fight, Zimmer charges him and Martinez shoves him aside roughly instead of just gently avoiding him. Then next thing you know the NYC media make it "super rich spoiled baseball brat takes out beloved 70 year old coach with a plate in his head."

I don't think it matters what young Fisher did in all this (and I literally have no sympathy for him), he now has the scarlett letter tattooed to his forehead.
So far the video shows. 1) Fisher trying to restrain craig from LSU sideline. 2) Fisher walking away and being followed an then confronted by Kraigthorpe which he then turned and pushed him away with one hand. 3) Fisher getting hit with a punch from an LSU player.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

Poseidon wrote:So far the video shows. 1) Fisher trying to restrain craig from LSU sideline. 2) Fisher walking away and being followed an then confronted by Kraigthorpe which he then turned and pushed him away with one hand. 3) Fisher getting hit with a punch from an LSU player.
Fisher threw the first punch, though.. then he got punched. Kragthorpe should be fired for lying out his a99 about getting punched in the pacemaker.. what a doosh
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

Johnny Mac wrote:
Poseidon wrote:So far the video shows. 1) Fisher trying to restrain craig from LSU sideline. 2) Fisher walking away and being followed an then confronted by Kraigthorpe which he then turned and pushed him away with one hand. 3) Fisher getting hit with a punch from an LSU player.
Fisher threw the first punch, though.. then he got punched. Kragthorpe should be fired for lying out his a99 about getting punched in the pacemaker.. what a doosh
Yeah neary a mention of that or the clear as day punch by an LSU player from BR media.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Victory is never permanent
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Looks to me like Fisher's nephew only got near to the fray because he was chasing after (and then caught up with) the assistant coach acting like a horses patoot. This should remove a lot of the target on the kids back IMO. And the assistant coach should be gone (so should the LSU analyst who lied)
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

the local media obsession with this whole thing is ludicrous. It fills the Sports section
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

WaveProf wrote:Looks to me like Fisher's nephew only got near to the fray because he was chasing after (and then caught up with) the assistant coach acting like a horses patoot. This should remove a lot of the target on the kids back IMO. And the assistant coach should be gone (so should the LSU analyst who lied)
You mean former Tulsa and Louisville coach Kraigthorpe.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Poseidon wrote:
WaveProf wrote:Looks to me like Fisher's nephew only got near to the fray because he was chasing after (and then caught up with) the assistant coach acting like a horses patoot. This should remove a lot of the target on the kids back IMO. And the assistant coach should be gone (so should the LSU analyst who lied)
You mean former Tulsa and Louisville coach Kraigthorpe.
Yeah, he was at Tulsa when they moved to CUSA. He coached them twice against Tulane before moving on. 38-14 and 38-3.
Victory is never permanent