Go Saints!

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Go Saints!

Post by TUPF »

From this Eagles fan. Kick some Cowboy butt.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
long green
Cornerstone

Re: Go Saints!

Post by long green »

Smoking my victory cigar early (worked vs the Falcons and for Tulane vs Memphis and USF).
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Coach Level

Post by 1401973 »

Lg: Wait a second. Cigar man? All this time? Brotha from another motha? Smoked a serious ‘gar after the sweet Navy win. Little did I know. Ready to partake at Boca (or other) bowl? Can Michele and I buy u a beer at whatever Bowl?
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

1993 Cowboys honored on the field, including Eddie Murray.
Victory is never permanent
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Halftime down 13-0.

I guess I juju’d them. :oops:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

A miracle it's only 13.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

my buddy thinks the Saints hired Ruse to call plays last night

really questionable calls in critical situations
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Wandering Quaker
President's Circle

Post by Wandering Quaker »

It did look as though someone instructed anyone running a route to find a buddy in white and stand next to him.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Dallas executed their game plan on the defensive side of the ball. Give them credit. The only way to beat the Saints is to rush Brees up the middle. Get in his face. And then have LB’s who can run like gazelles to cut down the dump offs to Kamara and Ingram. Jaylon Smith and Vander Esch were unreal last night. And this is without Lee. There may be 2 or 3 other teams in the league that can pull off what they did last night.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

tjtlja wrote:Dallas executed their game plan on the defensive side of the ball. Give them credit. The only way to beat the Saints is to rush Brees up the middle. Get in his face. And then have LB’s who can run like gazelles to cut down the dump offs to Kamara and Ingram. Jaylon Smith and Vander Esch were unreal last night. And this is without Lee. There may be 2 or 3 other teams in the league that can pull off what they did last night.
Dallas did have the right game plan, but Payton failed to adjust. Dallas might have the best front 7 in the NFL without Lee and should ask him to retire. They started rolling when he went down. i was never a fan... he's fragile and quite frankly not that good. Dallas' cornerbacks took Thomas out of the game and the kids couldn't get open quickly enough for Brees to get the ball to them.. and there were several horrific drops.

BTW, only front 7 I would say might be better than Dallas' is Chicago's. Their LB core is reminiscent of the Dome Patrol or Tampa's quartet from the early 80s. Mack, Floyd on the edges and Smith/Trevathan in the middle... scary good group.. and Smith is a rookie.
visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

Johnny Mac wrote:my buddy thinks the Saints hired Ruse to call plays last night

Every play call looks bad when the offensive line is getting dominated
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

visualmagic wrote:

You mean like when the referee moves the spot almost 2 yards beyond where the Dallas player's knees was down, Giving Dallas a drive-maintaining first down, which led to their final TD? School me up: how does the OL factor into that?
SlidellWave
Coach Level

Post by SlidellWave »

Roller wrote:
visualmagic wrote:

You mean like when the referee moves the spot almost 2 yards beyond where the Dallas player's knees was down, Giving Dallas a drive-maintaining first down, which led to their final TD? School me up: how does the OL factor into that?
All else fails, blame the refs.
visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

SlidellWave wrote:
Roller wrote:
visualmagic wrote:

The refs were terrible, that’s obvious to everyone but the Saints deserved to lose.

Roller, I believe your memory is off. Dallas scored their final TD in the 1st quarter. I don’t believe there were any controversial plays on that drive. Never even got to a 3rd down.
You’re thinking of the 4th quarter play when Beasley was obviously down shy of the 1st on a 3rd and 5. They didn’t score on that drive, Dak fumbled.
The OL factors into everything, every single one of the Saints line got beat repeatedly. That’s why they could only muster 10 points. All the other stuff is secondary, that’s why they lost.
SlidellWave
Coach Level

Post by SlidellWave »

visualmagic wrote:
SlidellWave wrote:
Roller wrote:
visualmagic wrote:

The refs were terrible, that’s obvious to everyone but the Saints deserved to lose.

Roller, I believe your memory is off. Dallas scored their final TD in the 1st quarter. I don’t believe there were any controversial plays on that drive. Never even got to a 3rd down.
You’re thinking of the 4th quarter play when Beasley was obviously down shy of the 1st on a 3rd and 5. They didn’t score on that drive, Dak fumbled.
The OL factors into everything, every single one of the Saints line got beat repeatedly. That’s why they could only muster 10 points. All the other stuff is secondary, that’s why they lost.

You are correct, the refs were terrible for each side, so at least it was balanced. I am just saying that the refs aren't the reason the Saints lost. They missed the push off on the only Saints TD too.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

visualmagic wrote: You’re thinking of the 4th quarter play when Beasley was obviously down shy of the 1st on a 3rd and 5.
Peyton had used all his challenges already.
Victory is never permanent
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

I'd rather the Saints be humbled in the regular season than the playoffs like last year. It was a long offseason after that missed tackle. As Coach Fritz showed after the SMU game, losing is a harsh mistress but can definitely be a very good teacher.

Meanwhile the Salvation Army may be the best force for good anywhere. We all cannot help it enough. However maybe some of the Saints can wait to do so until after the games for the rest of this season while they focus on more immediate tasks at hand?
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

Baywave1 wrote:I'd rather the Saints be humbled in the regular season than the playoffs like last year. It was a long offseason after that missed tackle. As Coach Fritz showed after the SMU game, losing is a harsh mistress but can definitely be a very good teacher.

Meanwhile the Salvation Army may be the best force for good anywhere. We all cannot help it enough. However maybe some of the Saints can wait to do so until after the games for the rest of this season while they focus on more immediate tasks at hand?
yeah, Bay.. if the Saints were going to drop a deuce, I'd rather it be in week 13 and not in the NFC divisional round.. this loss will hopefully pi88 them off enough to knock Tampa's collective d!cks in the dirt and run the schedule the rest of the way, hoping either the Bears or Philly can beat the Rams.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

JMac, Amen. Saints do need some help from others but the Almighty helps those who help themselves. Great cover photo of Brees on SI this week. I hope they have to run it again in early February.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Johnny Mac wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:I'd rather the Saints be humbled in the regular season than the playoffs like last year. It was a long offseason after that missed tackle. As Coach Fritz showed after the SMU game, losing is a harsh mistress but can definitely be a very good teacher.

yeah, Bay.. if the Saints were going to drop a deuce, I'd rather it be in week 13 and not in the NFC divisional round.. this loss will hopefully pi88 them off enough to knock Tampa's collective d!cks in the dirt and run the schedule the rest of the way, hoping either the Bears or Philly can beat the Rams.
You can say piss and dick
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

1401973 wrote:Lg: Wait a second. Cigar man? All this time? Brotha from another motha? Smoked a serious ‘gar after the sweet Navy win. Little did I know. Ready to partake at Boca (or other) bowl? Can Michele and I buy u a beer at whatever Bowl?
I smoke one every couple of weeks or so, less often in cool/cold weather.

Can’t make the bowl, traveling just after that. I pray you get your long-deferred bowl win in person.