LSU Is Raising $600 million for atheltics on BR Campus

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Post Reply
Baywave1
Regent's Circle
Posts: 7408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am

LSU Is Raising $600 million for atheltics on BR Campus

Post by Baywave1 »

No. That is not a typo. As a Louisiana native, I feel like I'm Picard being addressed by the Borg Queen: "You will be assimilated."

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 15310.html

"... a release from the university said. "Specifically, LSU’s Fierce for the Future Campaign goals, totaling $1.5 billion, are $724 million in support of academics on the flagship campus; $27 million in support of alumni engagement on the flagship campus; $603 million in support of athletics on the flagship campus..."


You can't make this stuff up.

User avatar
maddog
President's Circle
Posts: 4844
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:47 pm
Location: new orleans

Re: LSU Is Raising $600 million for atheltics on BR Campus

Post by maddog »

Big contract buyouts on the horizon for Orgeron and Manieri. Won't be cheap.

User avatar
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle
Posts: 3927
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Greeneville, TN

Re: LSU Is Raising $600 million for atheltics on BR Campus

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

maddog wrote:Big contract buyouts on the horizon for Orgeron and Manieri. Won't be cheap.
Why would they buyout Mainieri? They were just in the CWS in 2017 and are regular contenders.

ml wave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 11088
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: LSU Is Raising $600 million for atheltics on BR Campus

Post by ml wave »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:
maddog wrote:Big contract buyouts on the horizon for Orgeron and Manieri. Won't be cheap.
Why would they buyout Mainieri? They were just in the CWS in 2017 and are regular contenders.
That was like 2 years ago...lately they're losing to McNeese

ml wave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 11088
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: LSU Is Raising $600 million for atheltics on BR Campus

Post by ml wave »

Baywave1 wrote:No. That is not a typo. As a Louisiana native, I feel like I'm Picard being addressed by the Borg Queen: "You will be assimilated."

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 15310.html

"... a release from the university said. "Specifically, LSU’s Fierce for the Future Campaign goals, totaling $1.5 billion, are $724 million in support of academics on the flagship campus; $27 million in support of alumni engagement on the flagship campus; $603 million in support of athletics on the flagship campus..."


You can't make this stuff up.
Nice of them to make the academic side nominally more than athletics. It's that extra touch that really separates them.

User avatar
PeteRasche
Emerald Circle
Posts: 23482
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: LSU Is Raising $600 million for atheltics on BR Campus

Post by PeteRasche »

ml wave wrote:Nice of them to make the academic side nominally more than athletics. It's that extra touch that really separates them.
Yeah, I read that and thought "as long as the academic number is larger than the athletic one, the only people who will even notice the sports expenditure are haters like us."

User avatar
maddog
President's Circle
Posts: 4844
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:47 pm
Location: new orleans

Re: LSU Is Raising $600 million for atheltics on BR Campus

Post by maddog »

ml wave wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
maddog wrote:Big contract buyouts on the horizon for Orgeron and Manieri. Won't be cheap.
Why would they buyout Mainieri? They were just in the CWS in 2017 and are regular contenders.
That was like 2 years ago...lately they're losing to McNeese
If Will Wade costs the AD his job, the new AD will be cleaning house at the behest of the mob that is the LSU fan base. Orgeron isn't beating Alabama any time soon and those stupids read that number one preseason in baseball stuff and ate it with a spoon.

Post Reply