Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LSU Basketball
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:32 pm 
President's Circle

Just read an article on ESPN that six schools will be notified of serious violations stemming from the basketball trials. Another group of schools will also be given notifications. In the article, there were about 12 schools mentioned and Lsu’s name did not appear once. Please tell me I am blind. Is this getting any local play in New Orleans?

Post subject: Re: LSU Basketball
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:16 pm 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:
Just read an article on ESPN that six schools will be notified of serious violations stemming from the basketball trials. Another group of schools will also be given notifications. In the article, there were about 12 schools mentioned and Lsu’s name did not appear once. Please tell me I am blind. Is this getting any local play in New Orleans?

I put on WWL in the car last night hoping to hear some Pelicans talk (silly me) and they were talking about it extensively with some guy named Seth Dunlop who, unlike everyone else, didn't sound like a total moron.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:18 pm 
Regent's Circle

saw that article too and wondered how LSU managed to not get mentioned... and how they could possibly escape any kind of discipline for their coach being on a wire tap talking about a "strong a88 offer" to a recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:39 pm 
Emerald Circle

Seriously, you started a second thread with the same title on the same topic while the old one (which you started too) is still on the page right below? C'mon.

If this were in that thread (ahem) I'd point to my quote a few posts upthread which said:
Quote:
The new AD at LSU is married to Mark Emmert's daughter. The same mark emmert who is head of the ncaa. The same mark emmert who was the former LSU chancellor. Hmmmm, wonder how that happened.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:24 pm 
Emerald Circle

The very little I’ve seen locally is mostly lsu homers who would think you are crazy for even thinking this has anything to do with them and their completely innocent coach.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:53 pm 
President's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
Seriously, you started a second thread with the same title on the same topic while the old one (which you started too) is still on the page right below? C'mon.

If this were in that thread (ahem) I'd point to my quote a few posts upthread which said:
Quote:
The new AD at LSU is married to Mark Emmert's daughter. The same mark emmert who is head of the ncaa. The same mark emmert who was the former LSU chancellor. Hmmmm, wonder how that happened.

Come on Pete, is it that big of a deal - merging threads? I didn’t remember starting a thread with the same title. Different day, different news story. Shoot me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:55 pm 
Emerald Circle

It's literally 13 below this one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:11 pm 
President's Circle

Big deal. It’s a new day, new article, new news. I think there are a lot more things to worry about than merging threads. Like the thousands of threads covering uniforms. Since you are into this, merge those threads together. It will be over a thousand pages. Come on, really.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 pm 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:

Absolutely Pete. If you're not sure the topic has been published previously it's called SEARCH. Spend a few seconds to see if the topic already exists. It's a great tool - and quick.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:27 pm 
Regent's Circle

tjtlja wrote:
Big deal. It’s a new day, new article, new news. I think there are a lot more things to worry about than merging threads. Like the thousands of threads covering uniforms. Since you are into this, merge those threads together. It will be over a thousand pages. Come on, really.

Why don't you merge them?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:29 pm 
Emerald Circle

Tjtlja has as much power to merge them as I do!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:51 pm 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:

Well I don't know what he's waiting for

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:49 am 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:39 pm 
Emerald Circle

Can't remember (and since the threads aren't merged, it's not as easy to find... :razz: ), but weren't the Wade audio tapes ruled as inadmissible in the trial (which he annoyingly claimed as proof he didn't do anything)? Believe the NCAA is focusing on the evidence admitted in trial first since that's what they can get their hands on.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:59 pm 
Regent's Circle

ml wave wrote:
Can't remember (and since the threads aren't merged, it's not as easy to find... :razz: ), but weren't the Wade audio tapes ruled as inadmissible in the trial (which he annoyingly claimed as proof he didn't do anything)? Believe the NCAA is focusing on the evidence admitted in trial first since that's what they can get their hands on.

Tapes themselves were inadmissible because they were irrelevant to the case at the time. Transcripts of the tapes were read aloud during the trial

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:14 pm 
Regent's Circle

I remember that Edwin Edwards used to say something to the effect that the only way he would ever lose an election was if he were to be caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy. I fear that LSU has the same teflon coating...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:35 pm 
President's Circle

sr wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Absolutely Pete. If you're not sure the topic has been published previously it's called SEARCH. Spend a few seconds to see if the topic already exists. It's a great tool - and quick.

Obviously, I am not that smart. Since you are so familiar with SEARCH, why don’t you merge this and while you are at it, merge the same 20 or so topics WE regurgitate over and over. You can start with uniform colors, then Lindsay Scott, then Coach Jewett, then WF, then Dunleavy, then why we can’t win at Tulane, followed by why we can win, etc., etc., etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:43 pm 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:

Tapes themselves were inadmissible because they were irrelevant to the case at the time. Transcripts of the tapes were read aloud during the trial
Well, that's good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:37 pm 
Regent's Circle

tjtlja wrote:
sr wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Obviously, I am not that smart. Since you are so familiar with SEARCH, why don’t you merge this and while you are at it, merge the same 20 or so topics WE regurgitate over and over. You can start with uniform colors, then Lindsay Scott, then Coach Jewett, then WF, then Dunleavy, then why we can’t win at Tulane, followed by why we can win, etc., etc., etc.

Alas, just a wee user w/o the magic and/or credentials to merge topics. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:27 pm 
Regent's Circle

It took a while but the shoes are starting to fall.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... violations

What's the O/U on the next date, Wade's attorney advises the new Tiger AD that Coach Wade can't make the NCAA interview because he has to rearrange his sock drawer?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:39 pm 
Emerald Circle

Probably deserves its own thread but Kansas being notified of major violations.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk ... li=BBnb7Kz

Note even the media are throwing up their hands and saying blue bloods like Kansas will probably get a slap on the wrist.