NCAA says CA schools could be banned from championships

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

NCAA says CA schools could be banned from championships

Post by OGSB »

The NCAA is warning that California schools could be banned from participating in championships if a bill allowing compensation for student-athletes is signed into state law.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2 ... 542632001/
Past performance is no guarantee of future results

Poseidon
President's Circle

Re: NCAA says CA schools could be banned from championships

Post by Poseidon »

Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM

Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Good! A State should not be allowed to legislate a provision that flies in the face of the rules for intercollegiate competition.

One of the points drilled home to me when I first went to work on Capitol Hill was that the Federal Government was designed ON PURPOSE to be inefficient. The reason for that is so that it would be more difficult for well-meaning politicians to pass laws based upon temporarily popular knee-jerk reactions to perceived slights.

Unfortunately, California is the King of half-baked legislation, so I applaud the NCAA for taking an opposing stance.

TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Roller wrote:Good! A State should not be allowed to legislate a provision that flies in the face of the rules for intercollegiate competition.

One of the points drilled home to me when I first went to work on Capitol Hill was that the Federal Government was designed ON PURPOSE to be inefficient. The reason for that is so that it would be more difficult for well-meaning politicians to pass laws based upon temporarily popular knee-jerk reactions to perceived slights.

Unfortunately, California is the King of half-baked legislation, so I applaud the NCAA for taking an opposing stance.
No state has a monopoly on undercooked goings-on. Let me introduce you to Pennsyltucky.
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | From everywhere and nowhere