Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:40 am 
Emerald Circle

I generally dislike MSN.com's ubiquitous slideshows but this is at least a quick and easy primer for the upcoming season's rule changes and "points of emphasis".

Unfortunately this stuff will have a big effect (the first time we get a game-changing sack and instead they give the opponent 15 yards and eject our tackler, amiright?)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... 9I#image=1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:21 am 
President's Circle

I saw this earlier. The way it changed is it should be enforced less, not more. Before, when a targeting penalty was reviewed the reviewer could let the call stand without confirming or overturning. Now he either confirms it or the penalty is disregarded.

Last edited by Poseidon on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:11 pm 
Regent's Circle

before I started the slide show, I thought the entire theme was "rule changes" and not just overall "changes" and when it said "No More Urban Meyer", I was wondering how the NCAA made that a rule!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:01 am 
Crest Level

I was hoping to see some changes to make games about 30 minutes shorter. First would be reducing the TV timeouts. But I guess there's too much money invested in four-hour games.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:16 pm 
Emerald Circle

greenguy wrote:
I was hoping to see some changes to make games about 30 minutes shorter. First would be reducing the TV timeouts. But I guess there's too much money invested in four-hour games.
Yeah, if there's one thing they're not going to do, it's change a rule that affects TV income. They likely care more about that than anything on the field.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:31 pm 
Emerald Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
greenguy wrote:
Yeah, if there's one thing they're not going to do, it's change a rule that affects TV income. They likely care more about that than anything on the field.

That’s the biggest difference I noticed in an Eagles game in the stadium vs. on TV. When you are in the stadium those TV timeouts seem interminable and there are only so many booming giant screen videos one can endure. I like the energy in the stadium but there’s a lot of dead time. If you are home that’s time to go to the fridge or a bathroom break.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:53 pm 
Emerald Circle

Or record it and leisurely watch it in two hours time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm 
Regent's Circle

TUPF wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
greenguy wrote:

That’s the biggest difference I noticed in an Eagles game in the stadium vs. on TV. When you are in the stadium those TV timeouts seem interminable and there are only so many booming giant screen videos one can endure. I like the energy in the stadium but there’s a lot of dead time. If you are home that’s time to go to the fridge or a bathroom break.

what kind of a Neanderthal are you? Go to the fridge or a bathroom break? TV time outs at home during NFL games are when you scroll to the other 4 games you have dialed up in Sunday Ticket to see if your fantasy guys are doing anything. Bathroom breaks are for halftime... wives and children are for getting things from the fridge.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:21 pm 
Emerald Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
TUPF wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
greenguy wrote:

what kind of a Neanderthal are you? Go to the fridge or a bathroom break? TV time outs at home during NFL games are when you scroll to the other 4 games you have dialed up in Sunday Ticket to see if your fantasy guys are doing anything. Bathroom breaks are for halftime... wives and children are for getting things from the fridge.
Well done. Thanks for the giggles. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:27 am 
Regent's Circle

TUPF wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
TUPF wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
greenguy wrote:

Well done. Thanks for the giggles. :lol:

you can always count on me for that!