Rule changes for upcoming NCAA Football season

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Rule changes for upcoming NCAA Football season

Unread post by PeteRasche »

I generally dislike MSN.com's ubiquitous slideshows but this is at least a quick and easy primer for the upcoming season's rule changes and "points of emphasis".

Unfortunately this stuff will have a big effect (the first time we get a game-changing sack and instead they give the opponent 15 yards and eject our tackler, amiright?)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... 9I#image=1
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Re: Rule changes for upcoming NCAA Football season

Unread post by Poseidon »

I saw this earlier. The way it changed is it should be enforced less, not more. Before, when a targeting penalty was reviewed the reviewer could let the call stand without confirming or overturning. Now he either confirms it or the penalty is disregarded.
Last edited by Poseidon on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

before I started the slide show, I thought the entire theme was "rule changes" and not just overall "changes" and when it said "No More Urban Meyer", I was wondering how the NCAA made that a rule!!
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
greenguy
Riptide Level

Unread post by greenguy »

I was hoping to see some changes to make games about 30 minutes shorter. First would be reducing the TV timeouts. But I guess there's too much money invested in four-hour games.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

greenguy wrote:I was hoping to see some changes to make games about 30 minutes shorter. First would be reducing the TV timeouts. But I guess there's too much money invested in four-hour games.
Yeah, if there's one thing they're not going to do, it's change a rule that affects TV income. They likely care more about that than anything on the field.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

PeteRasche wrote:
greenguy wrote:I was hoping to see some changes to make games about 30 minutes shorter. First would be reducing the TV timeouts. But I guess there's too much money invested in four-hour games.
Yeah, if there's one thing they're not going to do, it's change a rule that affects TV income. They likely care more about that than anything on the field.
That’s the biggest difference I noticed in an Eagles game in the stadium vs. on TV. When you are in the stadium those TV timeouts seem interminable and there are only so many booming giant screen videos one can endure. I like the energy in the stadium but there’s a lot of dead time. If you are home that’s time to go to the fridge or a bathroom break.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by BC Wave »

Or record it and leisurely watch it in two hours time.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
That’s the biggest difference I noticed in an Eagles game in the stadium vs. on TV. When you are in the stadium those TV timeouts seem interminable and there are only so many booming giant screen videos one can endure. I like the energy in the stadium but there’s a lot of dead time. If you are home that’s time to go to the fridge or a bathroom break.
what kind of a Neanderthal are you? Go to the fridge or a bathroom break? TV time outs at home during NFL games are when you scroll to the other 4 games you have dialed up in Sunday Ticket to see if your fantasy guys are doing anything. Bathroom breaks are for halftime... wives and children are for getting things from the fridge.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Johnny Mac wrote:
TUPF wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
what kind of a Neanderthal are you? Go to the fridge or a bathroom break? TV time outs at home during NFL games are when you scroll to the other 4 games you have dialed up in Sunday Ticket to see if your fantasy guys are doing anything. Bathroom breaks are for halftime... wives and children are for getting things from the fridge.
Well done. Thanks for the giggles. :lol:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
TUPF wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Well done. Thanks for the giggles. :lol:
you can always count on me for that!