Week # 1 of college football: which game will you be viewing

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Week # 1 of college football: which game will you be viewing

Post by Fan Since '54 »

My choice is Miami (FL) @ Florida. Once upon a time this was THE BIG rivalry game in the state of Florida. Then Florida State (once an all girls school) started playing football and developed into a powerhouse and the U of Florida decided that their "arch rival" was gonna be FSU, not Miami. Then Miami became a super powerhouse and U of Florida said they didn't want any part of that and dropped the Hurricanes from their schedule. Now they are playing again...at the beginning of the year, rather than the end. A very watchable game.

Fan since'54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"

tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Re: Week # 1 of college football: which game will you be vie

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

I prefer to call this week 0, '54, unless you are including Labor day weekend too.

There are only two games this weekend, the other being Arizona-Hawaii. It's in Hawaii so I give the rainbow warriors a fighting chance. If you can stay up that late it will be worth watching

Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

I watched about the last quarter and a half of the Miami-Florida game. Sloppiest game. Looked like both teams were at the 1st fall practice. :roll:

Fan since'54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"

Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

UH does it t UA. Still too way early but opening score is G5-1 P5-0.

If you say it doesn’t matter, check out the advocate today which only deigns to benchmark LSU potential beer sales in Tiger Stadium against P5 schools. Yes, expected fan brew consumption directly correlates if your conference is an auto qualifier in the NY6 bowls.

OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Baywave1 wrote:UH does it t UA. Still too way early but opening score is G5-1 P5-0.

If you say it doesn’t matter, check out the advocate today which only deigns to benchmark LSU potential beer sales in Tiger Stadium against P5 schools. Yes, expected fan brew consumption directly correlates if your conference is an auto qualifier in the NY6 bowls.
I didn’t see any of that one but Miami/Florida was ugly.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results

OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Turns out the UH/UA game had quite a finish. UA was down by 7 on the UH 31 with time for 1 play. Tate dropped back to pass, couldn’t find anyone and took off running. He went 30 yards before being tackled. Clearly short of the goal so nothing like our game at SMU with endless review.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results

PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

Drawing comparisons to the Titans/Rams Super Bowl... except the UA QB didn't stretch the ball out for the end zone. I don't know if it was instinctual (like he couldn't reach it out because he'd have exposed himself to being hurt) or whether he just plain didn't see the hits coming, but if you watch the replay, he gets hit and just goes down like he didn't realize he was that close the end zone or that the clock was at 0:00.