Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:51 am 
Emerald Circle

Conference by conference. AAC: UConn & Tulsa:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/college-football-hot-seat-conference-by-conference-breakdown-of-potential-firings-this-season/ar-AAFHCcw?ocid=spartandhp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:40 am 
President's Circle

What jumps out at me is there aren't really any places that would go after CWF. Kansas, K-State and the rest of the Big 12 schools are pretty set. Iowa State's coach could be poached and they might go after Fritz. The rest of the jobs that could come open are not in the region, not better or too blue-blooded(Auburn & FSU). Who know what will happen, but CWF looks safe for the time being.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:58 am 
Regent's Circle

Poseidon wrote:
What jumps out at me is there aren't really any places that would go after CWF. Kansas, K-State and the rest of the Big 12 schools are pretty set. Iowa State's coach could be poached and they might go after Fritz. The rest of the jobs that could come open are not in the region, not better or too blue-blooded(Auburn & FSU). Who know what will happen, but CWF looks safe for the time being.

you do realize that if we beat Auburn and they do fire Malzahn, Fritz will be near the top of their wish list

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:30 am 
Cornerstone

Johnny Mac wrote:
Poseidon wrote:

you do realize that if we beat Auburn and they do fire Malzahn, Fritz will be near the top of their wish list

WHAT?! Come on, Johnny.

Iowa State is the best guess but I wouldn’t be surprised if they went back to the Toledo well. I expect them to be very MAC good again. I also wouldn’t be surprised if ISU had a slightly tougher year and Campbell started to realize YOU DON’T TAKE THE IOWA STATE JOB when you’re young and things are going well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:57 pm 
Regent's Circle

long green wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
Poseidon wrote:

WHAT?! Come on, Johnny..

You don't think the PTB at Auburn wouldn't sit up and take notice of what Fritz has done here if we show up on the Plains and beat them at Jordan Hare? BTW, I said "near the top".. didn't say he'd be THE top of the list.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:38 pm 
Cornerstone

Named in article the day Malzahn is carried out of the building feet-first? Yes. Near the top of the actual list (such as those are)? No.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:40 pm 
President's Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
long green wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
Poseidon wrote:

WHAT?! Come on, Johnny..

You don't think the PTB at Auburn wouldn't sit up and take notice of what Fritz has done here if we show up on the Plains and beat them at Jordan Hare? BTW, I said "near the top".. didn't say he'd be THE top of the list.

The PTB at Auburn would go after Norvell at Memphis before CWF. That said, I think there is a better chance they throw 8-10 Million at Dabo than interview Fritz. Most likely they will hire a P5 coach. That is what they do. Malzahn was at Arky State, but they hired him because he was OC for their NC team. i could see them going after Mike Gundy, Matt Rhule, Matt Campbell, or Dino Babers. Aranda at LSU could be an option as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:52 pm 
President's Circle

Fritz may be very content where he is now. He can certainly see what he has built in a very short time and how recruiting could hit another gear. He seems to love New Orleans. What is the most we would pay to keep him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:15 pm 
President's Circle

tjtlja wrote:
Fritz may be very content where he is now. He can certainly see what he has built in a very short time and how recruiting could hit another gear. He seems to love New Orleans. What is the most we would pay to keep him.

Idk what the upper limit is, but if he sustains success here we should back the truck up. We may not keep him, but we would signal to others we are serious about hiring winners

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:43 pm 
Regent's Circle

tulaneoutlaw wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

Idk what the upper limit is, but if he sustains success here we should back the truck up. We may not keep him, but we would signal to others we are serious about hiring winners

A successful coach who is willing to stay really is priceless.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:24 am 
Cornerstone

Poseidon wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
long green wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
Poseidon wrote:

WHAT?! Come on, Johnny..

The PTB at Auburn would go after Norvell at Memphis before CWF. That said, I think there is a better chance they throw 8-10 Million at Dabo than interview Fritz. Most likely they will hire a P5 coach. That is what they do. Malzahn was at Arky State, but they hired him because he was OC for their NC team. i could see them going after Mike Gundy, Matt Rhule, Matt Campbell, or Dino Babers. Aranda at LSU could be an option as well.

Swinney already makes that sort of money where he is. If Auburn were smart Malzahn would be safe until Saban leaves. But if they were smart they wouldn't be Auburn.