I saw Lanard F left upriver.....

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

I saw Lanard F left upriver.....

Post by Baywave1 »

Just curious because he comes from a high profile local football family. LSU beat writer briefly mentioned that he has graduated. Is he another player eligible for transfer portal? If so I would guess he goes FCS but that's nothing more than a guess. He barely made a ripple at LSU.

ml wave
Emerald Circle

Re: I saw Lanard F left upriver.....

Post by ml wave »

Baywave1 wrote:Just curious because he comes from a high profile local football family. LSU beat writer briefly mentioned that he has graduated. Is he another player eligible for transfer portal? If so I would guess he goes FCS but that's nothing more than a guess. He barely made a ripple at LSU.
Can you transfer/be eligible the same season? I don't think we've seen that? He did or was going to get passed up by their freshman RBs, but he still played/contributed on a really good team with a non-zero chance to make it to the playoffs. He's already redshirted so this year was his 4th year playing in 5 years meaning he has no more eligibility left...seems to me like he just didn't want to play football any more.

Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Agree. I couldn’t remember if he had been at lsu four or five years. Thanks for confirming that. Sounds like his college career is over.

GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

ml wave wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:Just curious because he comes from a high profile local football family. LSU beat writer briefly mentioned that he has graduated. Is he another player eligible for transfer portal? If so I would guess he goes FCS but that's nothing more than a guess. He barely made a ripple at LSU.
Can you transfer/be eligible the same season? I don't think we've seen that? He did or was going to get passed up by their freshman RBs, but he still played/contributed on a really good team with a non-zero chance to make it to the playoffs. He's already redshirted so this year was his 4th year playing in 5 years meaning he has no more eligibility left...seems to me like he just didn't want to play football any more.
That's what he publicly said; finished his degree and ready to move on with his life.

long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

He got on the field a bit. He's a fair-ish player. If he had grad transferred to say, USM, he could have made a real difference for someone in his last year.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this