Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:58 pm 
Regent's Circle

Just curious because he comes from a high profile local football family. LSU beat writer briefly mentioned that he has graduated. Is he another player eligible for transfer portal? If so I would guess he goes FCS but that's nothing more than a guess. He barely made a ripple at LSU.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:04 pm 
Emerald Circle

Baywave1 wrote:
Just curious because he comes from a high profile local football family. LSU beat writer briefly mentioned that he has graduated. Is he another player eligible for transfer portal? If so I would guess he goes FCS but that's nothing more than a guess. He barely made a ripple at LSU.
Can you transfer/be eligible the same season? I don't think we've seen that? He did or was going to get passed up by their freshman RBs, but he still played/contributed on a really good team with a non-zero chance to make it to the playoffs. He's already redshirted so this year was his 4th year playing in 5 years meaning he has no more eligibility left...seems to me like he just didn't want to play football any more.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:35 pm 
Regent's Circle

Agree. I couldn’t remember if he had been at lsu four or five years. Thanks for confirming that. Sounds like his college career is over.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:09 pm 
Regent's Circle

ml wave wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
Can you transfer/be eligible the same season? I don't think we've seen that? He did or was going to get passed up by their freshman RBs, but he still played/contributed on a really good team with a non-zero chance to make it to the playoffs. He's already redshirted so this year was his 4th year playing in 5 years meaning he has no more eligibility left...seems to me like he just didn't want to play football any more.

That's what he publicly said; finished his degree and ready to move on with his life.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:03 pm 
Cornerstone

He got on the field a bit. He's a fair-ish player. If he had grad transferred to say, USM, he could have made a real difference for someone in his last year.