Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:19 pm 
Emerald Circle

Quote:
Rumors have swirled for weeks over unhappiness between Turner and Vanderbilt. The source of much discontent was Turner's spending.
Ex-athletic director David Williams left behind a "rainy day" fund that sources estimated at $17 million. Turner blew through that in less than a year on the job.
A source familiar with the inner workings inside Vanderbilt athletics, weeks ago, said that there had been a spending freeze and that the department was running "deficits on top of deficits on top of deficits."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/vanderbilt-ad-malcolm-turner-resigns-after-one-year-with-school/ar-BBZE72I?ocid=spartandhp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:25 pm 
President's Circle

OGSB wrote:
Quote:
Rumors have swirled for weeks over unhappiness between Turner and Vanderbilt. The source of much discontent was Turner's spending.
Ex-athletic director David Williams left behind a "rainy day" fund that sources estimated at $17 million. Turner blew through that in less than a year on the job.
A source familiar with the inner workings inside Vanderbilt athletics, weeks ago, said that there had been a spending freeze and that the department was running "deficits on top of deficits on top of deficits."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/vanderbilt-ad-malcolm-turner-resigns-after-one-year-with-school/ar-BBZE72I?ocid=spartandhp

With the SEC cash coming in. I would be interested to know how.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:35 pm 
Emerald Circle

Poseidon wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Quote:

Keeping up with the Joneses.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:58 pm 
Breaker Level

All that money from Georgia, LSU, Tennessee fans filling up their stadium and they can’t make it work?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:02 pm 
Emerald Circle

ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Quote:

Maybe related:

Georgia spending on recruiting tops in the country in 2019, jumps $1 million from previous year

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:08 pm 
Emerald Circle

OGSB wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Quote:

Maybe related:

Georgia spending on recruiting tops in the country in 2019, jumps $1 million from previous year
Thats a lot of strip clubs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:48 pm 
Regent's Circle

TUPF wrote:
OGSB wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Quote:

Maybe related:

Just imagine if they were making strong-a$$ offers....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:56 pm 
Emerald Circle

How do you blow through that kinda money and still suck at every sport

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:14 pm 
Regent's Circle

windywave wrote:
How do you blow through that kinda money and still suck at every sport

Except Baseball

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:42 pm 
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:
OGSB wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Quote:

Maybe related:

Actually that's a lot of the possible result of "team ladies"... I think I posted here a few years ago when I was in Memphis right before New Years and UGA was in the Liberty Bowl, we took a tour of the Peabody Hotel, which happened to be where UGA was staying. UGA had the Grand Ballroom reserved as the childcare center for players' kids and baby mamas, so they'd have entertainment and not be a distraction to the players. There was a whole itinerary by the door, with zoo trips, trips to a park playground, etc. There were DOZENS of babies. Not even exaggerating. I was dumbfounded and sad at the same time. I can't imagine what that cost the UGA athletic department and how certain people at that institution surely had to hold their nose and/or bite their tongue while writing that check.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:44 pm 
Emerald Circle

And here I thought you’d say you found where they keep the ducks in the Peabody.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:04 pm 
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:
And here I thought you’d say you found where they keep the ducks in the Peabody.

We saw that too, but that's not really a secret. 8)