Oklahoma WR gets expletive stomped in a bar

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle

Oklahoma WR gets expletive stomped in a bar

Post by Johnny Mac »

Spencer Jones nearly lost an eye after he picked a fight with the wrong dude at a bar near OU campus. Both Jones and a buddy, both larger than the two guys they were jawing with, ended up getting sheet stomped. Both dudes they fought were MMA trained. The guy who messed up Jones used a judo move to get Jones on the ground and went to work like an MMA fighter with ground punches, eventually putting Jones in a guillotine... when Jones punched him, he trapped his arm... video stopped before anything else happened... in the background, Jones' other buddy got thrown into the wall by the other small guy and was getting pounded on the ground.

The funny part is Jones' lawyer is playing this as Jones was trying to "de-escalate" the situation... sadly, the video shows something entirely opposite. The guy who kicked Jones' a88 had a bloody nose when the video started and Jones' friend threw a "sort of" punch at the guy when Jones was jawing at him.

The video of which I speak is easily found in the internet.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: Oklahoma WR gets expletive stomped in a bar

Post by gerryb323 »

Army Ranger buddy of mine was jumped at a bar back in the day. Defended himself, one of the attackers ended up dead. Buddy got jail time; his training making him a deadly weapon and such. When he got paroled, his only way home was on a prison plane that got hijacked by the prisoners. Calamity ensued.
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Back in my professional days we sometimes worked with Navy SEALs. I was always surprised how normal they looked. At a bar they usually stayed to themselves with people sending over rounds. People knew better.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

gerryb323 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:16 pm Army Ranger buddy of mine was jumped at a bar back in the day. Defended himself, one of the attackers ended up dead. Buddy got jail time; his training making him a deadly weapon and such. When he got paroled, his only way home was on a prison plane that got hijacked by the prisoners. Calamity ensued.
At least he didn't get killed by the virus
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:26 pm
gerryb323 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:16 pm Army Ranger buddy of mine was jumped at a bar back in the day. Defended himself, one of the attackers ended up dead. Buddy got jail time; his training making him a deadly weapon and such. When he got paroled, his only way home was on a prison plane that got hijacked by the prisoners. Calamity ensued.
not even the most deadly guy on the plane... I think if he had a tea party with Garland Greene, it would have ended much differently
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

One of the stories I read kept calling him a “placeholder” for OU. I wasn’t sure if that was a typo, auto-correct or a new position we have to contend with when we play them next year.

Btw, the video I saw shows the MMA trained guy with a bloody nose trying to walk away/deescalate the situation before being pushed too far. As often happens, the guy who he beat up took the beating after his friend pushed the MMA guy then “hid” behind his friend.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
SlidellWave
Coach Level

Post by SlidellWave »

Johnny Mac wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:35 pm
not even the most deadly guy on the plane... I think if he had a tea party with Garland Greene, it would have ended much differently
At least he got a free trip to Vegas out of the deal.
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

Johnny Mac wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:35 pm
But would he have the whole world in his hands?
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt