Official blows FG call because he was fixing his mask and not paying attention

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
waverider
Emerald Circle

Official blows FG call because he was fixing his mask and not paying attention

Post by waverider »

Eastern Washington made a FG with the score tied 21-21. The ref worrying more about adjusting his mask than the task at hand only saw the ball landing in the field of play after hitting the wall behind the goal post and assumed it hit the upright. Apparently there’s no replay in FCS. Idaho scored on the ensuing drive to win 28-21 so it may not have cost them the game anyway.

https://sports.yahoo.com/eastern-washin ... 31321.html
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Official blows FG call because he was fixing his mask and not paying attention

Post by TUPF »

Thanks for the post. We officiate our first "2020" high school football game this coming Friday and in the pregame I will be sure to point this out to my crew mates. 8)
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
waverider
Emerald Circle

Re: Official blows FG call because he was fixing his mask and not paying attention

Post by waverider »

I was wrong about replay. Apparently they reviewed it and didn’t see the ball go through the uprights.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson