University of Cincinnati basketball team

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

University of Cincinnati basketball team

Post by PeteRasche »

UC MBB has had a mass exodus to the transfer portal. They currently have 4 scholarship players left who have not entered the portal.

I'm getting this from a coworker while in a meeting but according to him they also have not signed anyone yet so they wouldn't even have a team as of now. Apparently their second year coach Brannen will have to be paid a lot less if they fire him after March 31, so watch the news wire on April 1...
Ray
Regent's Circle

Re: University of Cincinnati basketball team

Post by Ray »

PeteRasche wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:09 pm UC MBB has had a mass exodus to the transfer portal. They currently have 4 scholarship players left who have not entered the portal.

I'm getting this from a coworker while in a meeting but according to him they also have not signed anyone yet so they wouldn't even have a team as of now. Apparently their second year coach Brannen will have to be paid a lot less if they fire him after March 31, so watch the news wire on April 1...
Double WOW !!
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Following up, Brannen apparently chooses not to recruit by tape and trusts his in-person judgment so therefore chose not to recruit anyone for this recent signing period because COVID kept him from adequately evaluating; he intends to recruit during the summer camp months and plan on getting signees then. This caused quite a bit of consternation amongst the UC faithful to begin with, but after the past few days, there's about to be some bridge-jumping occurring with the hardcore fans.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Triple wow! I guess if he keeps his job he will be recruiting a lot of transfers off tape unless he can arrange to see them live.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Baywave1 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:54 pm Triple wow! I guess if he keeps his job he will be recruiting a lot of transfers off tape unless he can arrange to see them live.
Assuming that recruiting is the worst part of the job for a head coach, he's got a pretty sweet gig going...will get paid quite a bit just for coaching the games/practices (unless the assistants are running practice). Bet he's using the pandemic to not have to deal with donors, too!