Will Wade and Dick Vitale

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Will Wade and Dick Vitale

Post by PeteRasche »

I thought this was funny - and strange considering that absolutely nothing is being done about Wade still being employed...

Will Wade is upset at Dick Vitale for calling him out
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk ... li=BBnb7Kz
Why is he upset? Not because Vitale said something that he is trying to prove untrue, but simply because Vitale "promised he wouldn't talk about it on TV". :lol: :lol:
I mean, at this point, Wade should just say "yeah, I pay players, you know it, I know it, nobody is doing anything about it, so hey top recruits, come here and get paid!"

Money quote from the story:
Wade being upset that Vitale called him out for being a cheater is one of the funniest things I have seen.

It’s debatable as to whether Will Wade should even have a coaching job right now, and he’s gonna complain about Dick Vitale preaching the truth?

Lol.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Re: Will Wade and Dick Vitale

Post by Poseidon »

All of the above is true. However, Vitale has become very personal and not so professional. ESPN would be wise to not have Vitale calling the LSU games because it is embarrasses LSU(no love lost here), Vitale, and college basketball. Then again, wisdom and ESPN aren't always in lock step.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

He’s been saying for a while that “the hammer was going to drop” on lsu
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

"What you do in the dark comes out in the light." If you don't want bad things said about you, don't do them.

FU WW. Wear it.
Plan your work, work your plan.
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

I wouldn't trust my biggest enemy's kid with Will Wade. Everything about him screams scumbag.
Bring home da Wave!
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

doncecco wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:24 pm I wouldn't trust my biggest enemy's kid with Will Wade. Everything about him screams scumbag.
And yet here he is in the NCAA tournament making millions of dollars for LSU.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Poseidon is right. Vitale has gone round the bend here. I think Wade is a blatant and clumsy cheater and he coaches at LSU so five strikes there. And yet I'm on his side in this one case because Vitale's motivation isn't fair play, it's smoothing the way for the older established cheaters he counts as friends.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

long green wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:30 pm Poseidon is right. Vitale has gone round the bend here. I think Wade is a blatant and clumsy cheater and he coaches at LSU so five strikes there. And yet I'm on his side in this one case because Vitale's motivation isn't fair play, it's smoothing the way for the older established cheaters he counts as friends.
Obviously. That certain team that didn't make the tourney this year.

Still doesn't mean that there's something wrong with anyone calling Wade out nor that Wade should ever be in a position where he's having a conversation with an announcer and hoping, or even asking a favor, that they won't talk about his transgressions... as if he's hoping the public will forget and therefore forgive.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Wade is a cheater and he has a weak case, which is why me when the whole game is corrupt.

Vitale's focus on him as if he's special is so off base it's hard to think it's not intentional. It's also been going on for a while.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Vitale just tweeted that Illinois transfer Adam Miller chose lsu over Kentucky. I don’t know anything about him but Dickie V made it sound like an incredible get for Will Wade. I guess the strong ass offers are still going on.
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Back up the Brinks truck. 5 star center Efton Reid has committed to lsu. According to Twitter comments, lsu wasn’t even in his top 2 teams and may have even committed to Pitt just a couple days ago
Tulane Greenbackers

PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

It's not even hidden anymore. Might as well advertise it on social media. Wade gets in slight trouble for blatantly paying recruits, they decide to keep him, and now the word is out that suddenly LSU is the place to go for top recruits.

LSU is like UK in Cal's first few years except Cal actually kept it secret.
SlidellWave
Coach Level

Post by SlidellWave »

waverider wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:54 pm Back up the Brinks truck. 5 star center Efton Reid has committed to lsu. According to Twitter comments, lsu wasn’t even in his top 2 teams and may have even committed to Pitt just a couple days ago
Check cleared!
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

The strong ass offers are still rolling out. Will Wade and lsu just got a commitment from a 5* forward Julian Phillips. The number 15 player in this class.
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

lsu is at Bama tonight and the crowd started chanting “FBI” at Will Wade :lol:
Tulane Greenbackers