Regionalization plan for G5

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Regionalization plan for G5

Unread post by PeteRasche »

TLDR (the new way to say "long story short"): CUSA is scared of being picked over by AAC so they're proposing realigning themselves, AAC and SBC, based on regions, in order to "stabilize the G5".
Minor problems:
1. AAC not interested.
2. SBC not interested.
:lol:
Humorous lagniappe: CUSA hired former Big 10 and Big 12 commissioners to come up with this, so, you know, those guys really know how to fix G5 problems.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ed-monday/
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: Regionalization plan for G5

Unread post by gerryb323 »

Obviously not happening. If you're going to propose a radical realignment plan that won't happen, why not just propose regionalizing ALL of the teams (again)? Bigger headlines when your proposal calls for Alabama and Troy to be in the same conference! The amazing Florida - Florida International Rivalry!

On the plus side, we could actually have a chance of winning our proposed conference every once in a while. Although I'm not sure how Louisiana College will handle the jump to D1...they may become a powerhouse!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

PeteRasche wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:19 am TLDR (the new way to say "long story short")
Wouldn’t LSS work just the same?
PeteRasche wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:19 am
CUSA is scared of being picked over by AAC so they're proposing realigning themselves, AAC and SBC, based on regions, in order to "stabilize the G5".
Minor problems:
1. AAC not interested.
2. SBC not interested.
:lol:
Humorous lagniappe: CUSA hired former Big 10 and Big 12 commissioners to come up with this, so, you know, those guys really know how to fix G5 problems.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ed-monday/
I agree with gerry, if you are going to dream up an unlikely scenario, why not go all the way.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

waverider wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:46 am
PeteRasche wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:19 am TLDR (the new way to say "long story short")
I'll get right on that the day they start letting 50 year olds dictate the current lingo. :lol:

I suspect "long story short" was too kind and lacked the internet-requisite snark of "too long, didn't read". 8)
waverider
Cornerstone

PeteRasche wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:32 am
I'll get right on that the day they start letting 50 year olds dictate the current lingo. :lol:

I suspect "long story short" was too kind and lacked the internet-requisite snark of "too long, didn't read". 8)
Ahh… I was wondering what TLDR meant
Tulane Greenbackers

PeteRasche
Cornerstone

waverider wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:34 pm
PeteRasche wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:32 am

Ahh… I was wondering what TLDR meant
I work around enough 20-somethings (and my kids are getting to slang age) that every time I see something like that and don't know what it means, I Google it rather than admitting it. 8)
waverider
Cornerstone

I know the feeling. I usually find myself doing the same when my kids start talking in “YouTube slang”.
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Cornerstone

I don’t want to start a new thread just for this but it relates to scheduling alliance relating to conference realignment on the fcs level.

Per Chris Vannini,
In FCS, the Ohio Valley Conference and Southland Conference have announced a non-conference football scheduling alliance for 2022 and 2023.

Both conferences have lost members in recent months.
Tulane Greenbackers

Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

In other news AAC has regionalization Plan for P6 involveing AAC, SEC, and Big XII
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy