I'm concerned

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

I'm concerned

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

this marks the first NHL playoffs that I can remember that Fan Since 54 didn't make a post about it being "all about the Cup" and talking NHL playoffs

I hope he's just taking a break from the forum.. still celebrating that 50 year wedding anniversary
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Re: I'm concerned

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

Oh my. Yes that is concerning. Penguins have a big game 7 today and not a peep. Let's hope it is just anniversary enjoyment
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Good point. This was a big time for him.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

Johnny Mac wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:06 pm this marks the first NHL playoffs that I can remember that Fan Since 54 didn't make a post about it being "all about the Cup" and talking NHL playoffs

I hope he's just taking a break from the forum.. still celebrating that 50 year wedding anniversary
Oh you're right, his last post was a month ago, right after the party :?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:33 pm
Johnny Mac wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:06 pm this marks the first NHL playoffs that I can remember that Fan Since 54 didn't make a post about it being "all about the Cup" and talking NHL playoffs

not that I would blame him, but perhaps he had enough with the ml wave war on his good vibrations posts
Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

Have you tried emailing him?
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Roller wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:54 pm

Have you tried emailing him?
just did... bounced back as undeliverable

not many people have a live email on their profile so I didn't even think to click at first
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Fan Since 54's Pens just shat away a 3 games to 1 lead and got eliminated by the Rangers... I'm even more concerned now
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

Johnny Mac wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:32 pm

not that I would blame him, but perhaps he had enough with the ml wave war on his good vibrations posts
There's sadly plenty of folks who simply leave once things get toxic or bullying. Hope to see him back, as well as many others who have simply faded away over the years. Hope he is well.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

Et tu, Johnny? I don't say anything on his hockey posts. And clearly he didn't "have enough" when he posted about the anniversary, so what's changed since then?
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

ml wave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:20 am

Et tu, Johnny? I don't say anything on his hockey posts. And clearly he didn't "have enough" when he posted about the anniversary, so what's changed since then?
but that's what I'm worried about, it's been a month... he hadn't missed starting a hockey playoff thread in quite some time
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

Johnny Mac wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:00 pm

but that's what I'm worried about, it's been a month... he hadn't missed starting a hockey playoff thread in quite some time
I get why you're worried, I don't see why I need to be dragged into it.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

ml wave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:12 pm
Johnny Mac wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:00 pm

I get why you're worried, I don't see why I need to be dragged into it.
you're right
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

So we should or shouldn't start a vibrations thread?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

gerryb323 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:39 pm So we should or shouldn't start a vibrations thread?
Would not recommend at his age...
waverider
Cornerstone

I just hope his posting of his 50th anniversary thread wasn’t his own ju ju.
Tulane Greenbackers

WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

I hope he's ok. He sits near me at football, I'll go look for him this fall if he hasn't been back before that.

While we are playing this game, I started a similar thread about Greeniebacker 3 or so years ago. You know, the guy that used to have the third most posts on this forum and disappeared suddenly and not part of any fight? Crickets. Anyone know anything?
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
waverider
Cornerstone

WaveProf wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:43 pm I hope he's ok. He sits near me at football, I'll go look for him this fall if he hasn't been back before that.

While we are playing this game, I started a similar thread about Greeniebacker 3 or so years ago. You know, the guy that used to have the third most posts on this forum and disappeared suddenly and not part of any fight? Crickets. Anyone know anything?
I was wondering where he moved to. I got to know him because he sat 2 rows in front of me the first couple seasons at Yulman.
Tulane Greenbackers

ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

waverider wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:24 pm I just hope his posting of his 50th anniversary thread wasn’t his own ju ju.
Occam's razor?
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

I hope and pray he is doing fine. Same for Grenniebacker.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Fan Since '54 »

I'm okay guys. I still follow the Pens, but as of this point in the calendar they are getting a little long in the tooth. They were ahead of the Rangers 3 games to 1 but they lost 3 consecutive and were out of the playoffs. They still have the guys that brought them their names on the CUP but they really need to get younger to reach the upper region of the NHL again. And I havn't been back to the 'Burgh' to see any games since Covid showed up in '19. I really miss going to those games, I stay at the Cambria when I go there and it is only about two blocks walk to get to the arena from there. And I have enough points on my credit card to get free, or substationally discounted stays there.

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

Glad you’re ok.
We deserve so much better
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Glad you're fine 54, I was hoping you were just on your "spring and summer sabbatical" from this place. 8)
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Fan Since '54 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:32 pm I'm okay guys. I still follow the Pens, but as of this point in the calendar they are getting a little long in the tooth. They were ahead of the Rangers 3 games to 1 but they lost 3 consecutive and were out of the playoffs. They still have the guys that brought them their names on the CUP but they really need to get younger to reach the upper region of the NHL again. And I havn't been back to the 'Burgh' to see any games since Covid showed up in '19. I really miss going to those games, I stay at the Cambria when I go there and it is only about two blocks walk to get to the arena from there. And I have enough points on my credit card to get free, or substationally discounted stays there.

Fan since '54
well, the Rangers surprised me by taking out Carolina at home but I am not surprised they cannot keep up with the Lightning... too much playoff experience in Tampa and Vasilevsky saves his best for the playoffs much like Billy Smith did for the Islanders in the 1980s. Scary thing is the Lightning are 1 win from the finals without Brayden Point.

Colorado v Tampa would be a great Cup Final

don't scare us like that again
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Fan Since '54 »

Well Johnny Mac, you predicted the NHL finals. Funny thing. I have relatives living in both Tampa Bay and in Colorado Springs, so I imagine there will be some "friendly" words to and from each of those guys as the Finals move along. :roll: I don't have a rooting interest in either team but I may just pull for the AVS, even though the Lighting would probably be the favorite.

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"