NCAA Announces Penalties For Air Force Football

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

NCAA Announces Penalties For Air Force Football

Post by OGSB »

Victory is never permanent
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: NCAA Announces Penalties For Air Force Football

Post by PeteRasche »

I honestly don't recall a military academy being busted for NCAA violations before. Do the guilty parties get in extra trouble because they broke rules? You know, the whole "honor" thing?
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

PeteRasche wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:50 pm I honestly don't recall a military academy being busted for NCAA violations before. Do the guilty parties get in extra trouble because they broke rules? You know, the whole "honor" thing?
If their honor code is similar to west point/navy/vmi/the citadel's (all of which I know more intimately), I don't see how this could be interpreted as a violation of the honor code, unless there is something REALLY surprising in the details when they come out.......BUT I could certainly see them coming down harder on the football coaches/staff because of the perception that it might be.

Then again, AF Academy routinely turns a blind eye to rape culture, so who knows. :angel:
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Do they lose a million dollar jet now? :lol:
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

I didn’t see a postseason ban so we need Boise to win MWC or another 2 or 3 loss team. AFA is currently 4-1 like Tulane