MBB vs. TULSA - 1/6/10

Join other Green Wave fans to follow the games together in attom's Living Room and to report game scores. BYOB
(Use this forum for in-game updates and scores for ALL games for ALL teams, not just Tulane)
bigmoneytx

MBB vs. TULSA - 1/6/10

Post by bigmoneytx »

14-12 tulsa

11::00 left
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Re: MBB vs. TULSA - 1/6/10

Post by TPSTulane »

On TV............
45-31 Tul_ _
http://channelsurfing.net/
Tulane School of Business Class of 1981
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
Conference Realignment "is like changing seats on the Titanic."
Bham Wave
President's Circle

Post by Bham Wave »

Lack of interest/activity on this board for our conference opener speaks volumes as to where our hoops team is.

Something needs to change.
Roll Wave Roll!!!
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Post by TPSTulane »

Bham Wave wrote:Lack of interest/activity on this board for our conference opener speaks volumes as to where our hoops team is.

Something needs to change.
Yep I forgot we had a game tonite... Memphis got blown out at SYC....
Tulane School of Business Class of 1981
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
Conference Realignment "is like changing seats on the Titanic."
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

I've never been able to remember the schedule.

In recent years, the schedule has been posted in a CSV file on the Official athletics site, so I could import it into Outlook. but it wasn't put up this year, and I haven't had the time to copy it all into my calendar (without setting alarms, I'll never remember to even check a printed calendar).

If anyone knows a cure for absent-mindedness, I'd love to hear it--it's been my curse for all my life.

alternately, if anyone has the schedule in a CSV format, I'd love to be able to gert a copy from you.
BrettStah
Coach Level

Post by BrettStah »

For what it's worth, you can subscribe to most sports teams' schedules via a google calendar. I just checked, and Tulane's basketball schedule was listed.
"When you post, it's easier on your readers if you at least use a subject that tells something about the topic." - Roller
Wavemania
President's Circle

Judging from lack of activity on the scorboard site,

Post by Wavemania »

not too many people care anymore about bball. Hmmm, wonder if RD is paying attention to lack of fan support? Or does he and SC even care?
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Well, I'll be! I decided to check again, and the CSV files for MBB and WBB are now on the Official Athletic Site.

So I'm good to go, now.

But then, I've never been much of a fan of basketball (well, maybe a little bit Women's BB).
bigmoneytx

Post by bigmoneytx »

real question about Basketball traffic only, it is clear that football and baseball gets much more attention.

I know the empty seats tell one story, but does the lack of activity on the YOGWF scoreboard tell the tale of "lack of support" or "lack of interests"?

I ask b/c I have not been around long enough to notice the scoreboard chat other than for football to understand or know how much traffic is usually on there. Even when I did notice or post here it was usually the same group of about 5 people anyway. So are those people make up the "traffic or interested" parties?

I have noticed that when we are ahead in games (any sport) there tends to be less posting on the scoreboard for that particular game and when we are behind in games there tends to be people coming out of the woods to post about how sad we are... :oops:
either way I suppose we would rather have people commenting(caring) when we are Up or Down - it has to be better than Silence right... :?: :(
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

Two possible explanations:
First, some of us were told "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

Second, perhaps they are being cognizant of the YOGWF rules, and are holding everything back until they get to the end of the last game.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?