Game 4, 9 a.m. Tulane vs. Houston

Join other Green Wave fans to follow the games together in attom's Living Room and to report game scores. BYOB
(Use this forum for in-game updates and scores for ALL games for ALL teams, not just Tulane)
FW
Cornerstone

Re: Game 4, 9 a.m. Tulane vs. Houston

Post by FW »

Not that it matters, but why was Corey pulled?
ForeverTU
Regent's Circle

Post by ForeverTU »

Chopper to 1st. 1 down. Hope up
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

long green wrote:I've said this before...

I don't like getting sent to LSU but there is one way to make sure that does not happen for a generation. And that is to get sent there and end their season.
That would be great, but that won't happen with this team.
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

LSU's first two starters are pretty darn good
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Man in Green wrote:

I don't like getting sent to LSU but there is one way to make sure that does not happen for a generation. And that is to get sent there and end their season.
Why? It may happen whether Tulane wins or loses here. Why are you convinced Tulane can't beat LSU again in BR or Omaha for that matter when the record is 2-0 this season? Just asking.
ForeverTU
Regent's Circle

Post by ForeverTU »

Hope Ks. Last chance for us in the form of Carthon
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

long green wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
waverider wrote:
FW wrote:We're not coming back. We're a 2 seed. The sooner you face it, the easier it'll be.
The announcer on the AAC broadcast has said more than once, "I can't imagine Tulane not hosting". Too bad he isn't the committee chairman.
Well, he is much more optimistic that those here. Oh, well. We will be travelling. To where, no one knows, at least for the time being. Last year we were thrilled to be IN the tourney. That was last year. But it is progress, albeit small progress.

Fan since '54
No, it's more than that. We're ranked, a clear 2 seed, and a conference champion.
I was thinking on the scale of baseball expectations at Tulane. Those expectations are Jones's fault. If you can call it a fault.

FS'54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Yankeewave wrote:LSU's first two starters are pretty darn good
It's the NCAA's, what do you want?
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
ForeverTU
Regent's Circle

Post by ForeverTU »

Baywave1 wrote:
Man in Green wrote:

Why? It may happen whether Tulane wins or loses here. Why are you convinced Tulane can't beat LSU again in BR or Omaha for that matter when the record is 2-0 this season? Just asking.
Seriously why are some of us always so negative nelly. I'll never understand it. This team has had a fabulous season!
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Fan Since '54 wrote:
long green wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
waverider wrote:
FW wrote:We're not coming back. We're a 2 seed. The sooner you face it, the easier it'll be.
The announcer on the AAC broadcast has said more than once, "I can't imagine Tulane not hosting". Too bad he isn't the committee chairman.
Well, he is much more optimistic that those here. Oh, well. We will be travelling. To where, no one knows, at least for the time being. Last year we were thrilled to be IN the tourney. That was last year. But it is progress, albeit small progress.

Fan since '54
No, it's more than that. We're ranked, a clear 2 seed, and a conference champion.
I was thinking on the scale of baseball expectations at Tulane. Those expectations are Jones's fault. If you can call it a fault.

FS'54
I'm not sure what you mean. We met reasonable expectations for improvement. We are not a baseball power anymore. We're getting back there.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

Baywave1 wrote:
Man in Green wrote:

Because we can't hit good pitching.
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
ForeverTU
Regent's Circle

Post by ForeverTU »

Carthon Ks. UH advances. We are eliminated and await the NCAA postseason committee's decision Monday night.

We find out tomorrow at 7 PM if we will host.

Your unhappy final:

UH 6-12-0

Wave 2-9-2
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Baywave1 wrote:
Man in Green wrote:

I don't think we can because we have reverted to the early season slump at the plate. We can't beat struggling teams playing for their season, why would we think we'd beat one of the hottest teams right now. We caught them at a good time.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

long green wrote:
Tulane beat Tim F***ing Linceceum when he was the best college pitcher on the planet in NCAAs.

Why don't some of you folks ask the players and coaches if they expect to lose and just plan to mail it in for the playoffs?
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Baywave1 wrote:
long green wrote:
Tulane beat Tim F***ing Linceceum when he was the best college pitcher on the planet in NCAAs.

Why don't some of you folks ask the players and coaches if they expect to lose and just plan to mail it in for the playoffs?
I don't think anyone thinks they mailed it in, just not good enough.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

long green wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
long green wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
waverider wrote:

Fan since '54

FS'54
I'm not sure what you mean. We met reasonable expectations for improvement. We are not a baseball power anymore. We're getting back there.

That is EXACTLY what I meant when I said "small progress", which I would think matches your "reasonable expectations." :roll:

FS'54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

One thing that would help out a ton on offense is Hunter Williams remembering what got him to the #3 spot, which WASN'T swinging for the fences.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

long green wrote:
to face a #1 seed without two really good pitchers