Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tulane at Ohio State
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:59 pm 
Navigator Level

TUPF wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
We are back to pre-CJ. At least he had talent. Players like Marley, Smart, Nickerson, etc. WF has no idea what he is doing in the AAC at a place like Tulane. He has never inherited this type of a mess. You need a very special guy to win at a place like this.

I have a very good source that has told me Fritz isn't liked by the local high school coaches. Fritz needs to fix this....

Cheap shot. Show me a lot of head coaches that are liked. Successful ones.

This is high school head coaches not respecting Fritz. This isn't like the media thinking Saban is a butthead. Saban is respected.... fritz is not respected by local head coaches. THIS COMING FROM A LOCAL HEAD COACH I WORK WITH AND ANOTHER GUY WHO IS FRIENDS WITH LOCAL HEAD COACHES.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:01 pm 
Navigator Level

visualmagic wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
We are back to pre-CJ. At least he had talent. Players like Marley, Smart, Nickerson, etc. WF has no idea what he is doing in the AAC at a place like Tulane. He has never inherited this type of a mess. You need a very special guy to win at a place like this.

I have a very good source that has told me Fritz isn't liked by the local high school coaches. Fritz needs to fix this....

The recruiting class he just brought in is supposed to be our best in years.

I seem to remember the local coaches liking CJ, that didn't help him.

CJ couldn't coach a virgin in a whore house.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:02 pm 
President's Circle

olivengreen wrote:
TUPF wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

This is high school head coaches not respecting Fritz. This isn't like the media thinking Saban is a butthead. Saban is respected.... fritz is not respected by local head coaches. THIS COMING FROM A LOCAL HEAD COACH I WORK WITH AND ANOTHER GUY WHO IS FRIENDS WITH LOCAL HEAD COACHES.

Ok fine. So more details then. Is he not respected because he didn't recruit someone this local coach wanted him to? Or is it his football coaching skills/knowledge they don't respect? Because tbh, outside of Tulane, Fritz has accomplished a heck of a lot more than any high school coach I know of.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:10 pm 
Emerald Circle

olivengreen wrote:
TUPF wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

I responded to what you wrote: liked. I would be interested to know what about Fritz garners lack of respect by local high school coaches.

BTW now that I am refereeing 2-3 high school games per week, I must say that the high school coaches I see up close in action aren’t exactly Mensa members. Maybe they are better in Louisiana but there is a reason they are coaching at that level.

So though your acquaintances may be the exceptions I wouldn’t change a Div.1 college program based on someone not liking/respecting a head coach. Maybe Fritz didn’t put up with any of their B.S.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:13 pm 
Coach Level

Dauphine has 2 Carrie's today. Is he injuried?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:15 pm 
Regent's Circle

Poseidon wrote:

Might as well save him for AAC play. 0-0 in the second season.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:15 pm 
Navigator Level

tulaneoutlaw wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
TUPF wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

Ok fine. So more details then. Is he not respected because he didn't recruit someone this local coach wanted him to? Or is it his football coaching skills/knowledge they don't respect? Because tbh, outside of Tulane, Fritz has accomplished a heck of a lot more than any high school coach I know of.

He wouldn't step foot on campuses the first year or so. I wish I could get the text messages I read. It's not that he wouldn't recruit a certain player it's that (as a local coach put it) 'when he did walk on campus he acted above every one.

Fritz needs to get a real local guy on staff.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:17 pm 
Navigator Level

1309th WAVE wrote:
Poseidon wrote:

Might as well save him for AAC play. 0-0 in the second season.

Yeah just like with Toledo and time outs we all know you dont need to use them now.

Last edited by olivengreen on Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:20 pm 
Navigator Level

TUPF wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
TUPF wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

I responded to what you wrote: liked. I would be interested to know what about Fritz garners lack of respect by local high school coaches.

BTW now that I am refereeing 2-3 high school games per week, I must say that the high school coaches I see up close in action aren’t exactly Mensa members. Maybe they are better in Louisiana but there is a reason they are coaching at that level.

So though your acquaintances may be the exceptions I wouldn’t change a Div.1 college program based on someone not liking/respecting a head coach. Maybe Fritz didn’t put up with any of their B.S.

This is where I wish I could talk to someone face to face cause things will be lost through text.

I totally agree with the mensa quote.... but you need those guys on your side so we can get the talented players we need.....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:22 pm 
Emerald Circle

olivengreen wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
TUPF wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

He wouldn't step foot on campuses the first year or so. I wish I could get the text messages I read. It's not that he wouldn't recruit a certain player it's that (as a local coach put it) 'when he did walk on campus he acted above every one.

Fritz needs to get a real local guy on staff.
I have no reason not to believe you but we have heard this local butt hurt complaint from local high school coaches before. Maybe it’s all tied up in the local culture of putting so much emphasis on high school culture, which frankly looks ridiculous for anyone not from New Orleans. So maybe Fritz didn’t kiss the ring which equates to arrogance. Maybe that concept is so foreign it wasn’t in his wheelhouse. His first year he was probably too busy getting eleven men on the field in time. So, maybe he does need a local interpreter to whisper in his ear when he is making a cultural faux paus, but it must be exhausting.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:22 pm 
Emerald Circle

olivengreen wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

BIG frick DEAL SEND THEIR KIDS TO ULL ET AL AND IF THEY AREN'T IN THE NFL THEY CAN TRY TO LEVERAGE THAT DEGREE. DON'T BE frick MYOPIC PAROCHIAL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:23 pm 
Regent's Circle

We just punted at Ohio State's 35.

Do you think at some point this season that we will punt inside an Opponent's 25?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:23 pm 
Emerald Circle

frick NOLA HS coaches need to be put in their place

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:30 pm 
Regent's Circle

cover's looming, lads

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:30 pm 
Navigator Level

windywave wrote:

But let's get linemen from the midwest....

Tulane should be doing everything in their power to keep the local talent here....

Keep posting... you entertain me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:32 pm 
Coach Level

windywave wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

BIG frick DEAL SEND THEIR KIDS TO ULL ET AL AND IF THEY AREN'T IN THE NFL THEY CAN TRY TO LEVERAGE THAT DEGREE. DON'T BE frick MYOPIC PAROCHIAL

There are also some NOLA high school coaches who think they are a bigger deal than who ever coaches Tulane. If a coach holds a grudge and pushes a kid away from Tulane knowing the value of a Tulane degree then that is on the HS coach not CWF. Saban succeeded at LSU because he refused to placate to bonehead around the program there. He is doing so well at Alabam beauce of the same reason. CWF is the type of coach we need sans this retarded offense.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:35 pm 
Coach Level

Oh look they give it to Dauphine and look what happens. Better keep p feeding Hunderson and Jones.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:36 pm 
Navigator Level

Poseidon wrote:
windywave wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

There are also some NOLA high school coaches who think they are a bigger deal than who ever coaches Tulane. If a coach holds a grudge and pushes a kid away from Tulane knowing the value of a Tulane degree then that is on the HS coach not CWF. Saban succeeded at LSU because he refused to placate to bonehead around the program there. He is doing so well at Alabam beauce of the same reason. CWF is the type of coach we need sans this retarded offense.

This is not what I am saying. I'll just let yall think what ya want..... either way Tulane is a joke of a football program...... that's exactly what the program needs.... CWF is no saban.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:40 pm 
Emerald Circle

olivengreen wrote:
windywave wrote:

Tulane should be doing everything in their power to keep the local talent here....

They should agreed but kowtowing to a HS coach is not on the table. Have some self respect

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:41 pm 
Emerald Circle

Poseidon wrote:
windywave wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

Spoken like someone who knows how the local game is played

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:41 pm 
Regent's Circle

In 15 years in a prime time OSU game, will there be a graphic on the screen last time Ohio St has gone scoreless in a half since "vs. Tulane" on Sept 22, 2018?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:42 pm 
Emerald Circle

olivengreen wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
windywave wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

This is not what I am saying. I'll just let yall think what ya want..... either way Tulane is a joke of a football program...... that's exactly what the program needs.... CWF is no saban.

Well clarify then

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:42 pm 
Regent's Circle

Pass rush is showing up. against the MAC quality 3rd string OL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:46 pm 
Navigator Level

windywave wrote:
olivengreen wrote:
windywave wrote:

They should agreed but kowtowing to a HS coach is not on the table. Have some self respect

This was not bowing to high school coaches (if that's what you were saying)...... once again.... I work with a local coach.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:46 pm 
Regent's Circle

there goes the cover

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next