BASEBALL vs. ULL

Join other Green Wave fans to follow the games together in attom's Living Room and to report game scores. BYOB
(Use this forum for in-game updates and scores for ALL games for ALL teams, not just Tulane)
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: BASEBALL vs. ULL

Post by windywave »

Wavery wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:17 pm Was there a throw to the plate?
It was wide
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
TulaneTiger
Breaker Level

Post by TulaneTiger »

Yes. Camera didn't catch up in time, but it seemed like the throw was a little high. He was safe by a good bit. It wasn't a bang-bang play.
Sophandros
Regent's Circle

Post by Sophandros »

QuarterbackU wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:51 pm
windywave wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:50 pm Dog pile was a bit much. Act like you've been there before
100%. This is a team you have to play two more times.
What, are they going to hate us more than they already do?
Sports Talk radio and most sports message boards are the killing fields of intellectual discourse.
Marathon Wave
Navigator Level

Post by Marathon Wave »

windywave wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:50 pm Dog pile was a bit much. Act like you've been there before
As Pete said, it's been a looooong time since we've 'been there'. I think the pile was more for Aviles coming through and getting walk off hit. He's not had too many good at-bats, so, no, he, specifically, has not 'been there' too many times before.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Marathon Wave wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:35 am
As Pete said, it's been a looooong time since we've 'been there'. I think the pile was more for Aviles coming through and getting walk off hit. He's not had too many good at-bats, so, no, he, specifically, has not 'been there' too many times before.
:roll:

Dog pile first game of the season because he got a walk off single? I get they're excited but it smacks of desperation to me. And if our DH hasn't gotten clutch hits I'm curious how he made the team
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Marathon Wave
Navigator Level

Post by Marathon Wave »

windywave wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:41 am
Marathon Wave wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:35 am
:roll:

Dog pile first game of the season because he got a walk off single? I get they're excited but it smacks of desperation to me. And if our DH hasn't gotten clutch hits I'm curious how he made the team
At first, I thought it a 'bit' much (it wasn't CWS). But we hadn't had a good game at the plate. Our first run was all pitching, no hitting. A very timely hit. Just, possibly, anxiety released. I doubt there'll be another dog-pile after today's win.
PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

As I said last night, it was likely just the joyous release of all the anger and frustration pent up over the past 11 months.

Now if they do it again today, you can gripe.