ULL game 3

Join other Green Wave fans to follow the games together in attom's Living Room and to report game scores. BYOB
(Use this forum for in-game updates and scores for ALL games for ALL teams, not just Tulane)
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

ULL game 3

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

This feels like a very important game for the trajectory of the season. We are pretty fortunate to be 1-1 at this point. We definitely need to win non con home series' like this.

What's ULL's ceiling? I don't know. I hope they are a regional team, but I also hope a win over us today isn't part of the margin that gets them in. Let's get it done.
waverider
Emerald Circle

Re: ULL game 3

Post by waverider »

Here’s a little humor for you. If you follow FTW on Twitter you may have seen them comment on it, but a ULL fan compared their win to our walk-off celebration saying they handled theirs like they’ve done it before while playing ULL is like our CWS :lol:

I wonder how many other teams that finished 8-9 last year are circled on our schedule as being like a “CWS” for us :roll: :lol:
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

waverider wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:26 pm Here’s a little humor for you. If you follow FTW on Twitter you may have seen them comment on it, but a ULL fan compared their win to our walk-off celebration saying they handled theirs like they’ve done it before while playing ULL is like our CWS :lol:

I wonder how many other teams that finished 8-9 last year are circled on our schedule as being like a “CWS” for us :roll: :lol:
Windy whistles as he saunters by
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

We dogpiled. I said it was 11-month catharsis and I still maintain it was. Their fans are, and always will be, looking for any reason to hate us because they're stuck in a dump conference with no money and no hope for moving up. Think they're on a lot of short lists for P5 conference expansion? Think they ever will be? Think they're at the table if football someday drives the NCAA to 64 teams with the rest being relegated to a lower level? Do the fans of teams across the country look forward to games at their place, or wish their conference tournament was in Lafayette?

No reason to get worked up about anything their fans think.
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

waverider wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:26 pm Here’s a little humor for you. If you follow FTW on Twitter you may have seen them comment on it, but a ULL fan compared their win to our walk-off celebration saying they handled theirs like they’ve done it before while playing ULL is like our CWS :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think of them in the same way I think of Div II teams. They should be glad that we stoop to play them.
:king: :king: :king:
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

Our pitcher has a sweet stache.
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

AVILES!

He struggled a bit at catcher yesterday, but there's a reason he's in the DH spot today.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

Roller wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:11 pm

I think of them in the same way I think of Div II teams. They should be glad that we stoop to play them.
Until anybody in the country knows the actual name of their school, they will always be irrelevant. Are they Louisiana, Louisiana-Lafayette or SW Louisiana? For me they will always be Western Kentucky minus the great mascot.
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

NJwave wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:20 pmUntil anybody in the country knows the actual name of their school, they will always be irrelevant. Are they Louisiana, Louisiana-Lafayette or SW Louisiana? For me they will always be Western Kentucky minus the great mascot.
:lol:
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

Was englehard a big recruit?
Last edited by Yankeewave on Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noladave
Regent's Circle

Post by noladave »

Roller wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:11 pm

I love playing ULL, and it’s a great place for an away game. Fans are ok in person,, but think we are pretty stuck up.
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Engelhard and Stevens keep the rally going.

Runners at 1st & 3rd, no outs, leading 1-0 so far.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

I had trouble with 2 fan bases. ull and marshall
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Yankeewave wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:23 pm I had trouble with 2 fan bases. ull and marshall
Marshall had some real jerks, but they also had some stellar friendly fans. My sore spots remain LaLa and ECU, both ranking just a half-step behind the BatonRougians.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

We seem chippy
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

Wow. Terrible base running. Could be a game changer. Dumb
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Bennet Lee comes thru with another RBI. Hart then gets off the schnide with a single.

Score 2-0, runners at ! & 2, with 2 away.

We batted around.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

Roller wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:26 pm
Yankeewave wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:23 pm I had trouble with 2 fan bases. ull and marshall
Marshall had some real jerks, but they also had some stellar friendly fans. My sore spots remain LaLa and ECU, both ranking just a half-step behind the BatonRougians.
ECU is still upset that North Carolina and South Carolina beat them to statehood.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Bottle, pasteurize, and reproduce this 2nd inning offense so far for the rest of the season. Aggressive, driving, controlling the tempo. Don't mind the throw out at the plate because it was a good chance. Keeping the opponent on its heels is a good thing going forward.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

I like agressive baserunning, but that was absurd. Ran ourselves out of a really big inning.
noladave
Regent's Circle

Post by noladave »

I would out that on the 3rd base coach, unless Stevens ran through the sign
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

It was not even close. I think they said this pitcher is juco so we could have rattled him and got into a depleted bullpen. Terrible
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

NJwave wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:30 pm I like agressive baserunning, but that was absurd. Ran ourselves out of a really big inning.
The camera wasn't wide enough to be able to judge whether it was a good call or not. Throw was on target. Aggressiveness wins games.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Did Randy Johnson make a sperm bank donation and now most pitchers are super tall, lanky, and have shoulder length hair? :lol:

Back when I was a HS catcher my favorite pitcher was a 6' 8" basketball player. He was halfway to the plate by the time he released the ball.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

NJwave wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:29 pmECU is still upset that North Carolina and South Carolina beat them to statehood.
:twisted: