#71 Tulane vs #54 WSU game 3

Join other Green Wave fans to follow the games together in attom's Living Room and to report game scores. BYOB
(Use this forum for in-game updates and scores for ALL games for ALL teams, not just Tulane)
TulaneTiger
Navigator Level

Re: #71 Tulane vs #54 WSU game 3

Unread post by TulaneTiger »

You would figure ECU has to lose a couple of games somewhere along the line. They've already played multiple one-run games.

If we can take care of business the next couple of weekends against Memphis and Houston, we could be in position to fight for the regular season crown in the American.
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Man in Green »

Score?
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
TulaneTiger
Navigator Level

7-4 Tulane in the 5th.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

NJwave wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:24 pm
tjtlja wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:17 pm
gerryb323 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:13 pm
waverider wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:04 pm I know they are missing their best hitter and we didn’t face their best pitcher, but I really think this shows how bad Houston is.
So you're saying we'll lose 3 of 4 to them?
Classic overthinker. Lol!
This is the best hitting catcher we have had since a certain kid out of Texas.
NJ, thank you for the kind words my friend. Not doing that bad in the local softball leagues either.

Lee can really rake. And only a freshman. He really has plate discipline beyond his years. I must admit this damn transfer thing has crossed my mind with him.
Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

Man in Green wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:31 pmScore?
Wave up, 7-4, batting in the 5th with 1 out, runners on the corners.
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

TulaneTiger wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:26 pm The offense has really woken up since conference play started. It's great to see.
Jewett’s plan all along. Give that man an extension :lol:
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

Roller wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:33 pm
Man in Green wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:31 pmScore?
Wave up, 7-4, batting in the 5th with 1 out, runners on the corners.
And Stevens draws a walk to load the bases. WSU goes to the pen.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

TulaneTiger wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:30 pm You would figure ECU has to lose a couple of games somewhere along the line. They've already played multiple one-run games.

If we can take care of business the next couple of weekends against Memphis and Houston, we could be in position to fight for the regular season crown in the American.
The law of averages tells you they will lose, and perhaps swept by that team in Néw Orleans. But if there was ever a year to go undefeated, this is the year. The league is bad - no, terrible. Our entire season will hinge on those four games. We win three and were in. Let’s just pray it isn’t drizzling.
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Man in Green »

My Apple tv isn’t picking up the game. Usually works fine. Switching to radio.
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
waverider
Cornerstone

tjtlja wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:32 pm
Lee can really rake. And only a freshman. He really has plate discipline beyond his years. I must admit this damn transfer thing has crossed my mind with him.
We are getting the outfielder from Jesuit Tampa who is supposed to be a better hitter than Lee. He’s supposedly coming because he and Lee were best friends. That should keep Lee around. Lee, like Michael Pratt, only looked at Ivy League schools before committing to Tulane so education seems high on his list.
Tulane Greenbackers

Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

After 5:
WSU : 4- 4-0 (6)
TULa: 7-10-1 (5)
TulaneTiger
Navigator Level

tjtlja wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:36 pm
TulaneTiger wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:30 pm You would figure ECU has to lose a couple of games somewhere along the line. They've already played multiple one-run games.

The law of averages tells you they will lose, and perhaps swept by that team in Néw Orleans. But if there was ever a year to go undefeated, this is the year. The league is bad - no, terrible. Our entire season will hinge on those four games. We win three and were in. Let’s just pray it isn’t drizzling.
We should expect to win every time Olthoff pitches. Take one of the other three games and split the series. Even that would go a long way for our chances at a regular season title and the postseason.
waverider
Cornerstone

Rally killing bases loaded DP.
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Cornerstone

TulaneTiger wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:38 pm

We should expect to win every time Olthoff pitches. Take one of the other three games and split the series. Even that would go a long way for our chances at a regular season title and the postseason.
If nothing else, finish second and play on the opposite side of ECU in the AAC tournament. Win the tourney and get the auto bid.
Tulane Greenbackers

visualmagic
President's Circle

Unread post by visualmagic »

We’d have to do a lot better than splitting the rest of the series to get into the postseason.
20 games left after this. We probably need to win 15
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

This feels like we are up 10 runs and aren’t. Need to keep scoring.
TulaneTiger
Navigator Level

visualmagic wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:41 pm

We’d have to do a lot better than splitting the rest of the series to get into the postseason.
20 games left after this. We probably need to win 15
Well yeah. I'm saying we would take a split with ECU. We need to go 7-1 against Memphis and Houston.
TulaneTiger
Navigator Level

He beat the ball, but he hits the bag with his knee. He should be out. No way they have enough evidence to overturn.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

tjtlja wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:32 pm
NJwave wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:24 pm
tjtlja wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:17 pm
gerryb323 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:13 pm
waverider wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:04 pm I know they are missing their best hitter and we didn’t face their best pitcher, but I really think this shows how bad Houston is.
So you're saying we'll lose 3 of 4 to them?
Classic overthinker. Lol!
This is the best hitting catcher we have had since a certain kid out of Texas.
NJ, thank you for the kind words my friend. Not doing that bad in the local softball leagues either.

Doesn’t have his power but perhaps that will come as he gets older.

Curious as to what you thoughts on Hoffman pitching today. I thought it put his health at risk and others don’t since he didn’t throw a lot of pitches yesterday.
waverider
Cornerstone

Overturned. Tying run at the plate with no outs
Tulane Greenbackers

TulaneTiger
Navigator Level

I don't see how they overturned that, unless they just did because he beat the ball by so much.

We keep letting Wichita back into this game with our defense.
Last edited by TulaneTiger on Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
visualmagic
President's Circle

Unread post by visualmagic »

I don’t see us splitting with ECU at their place
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

We just can’t put this one away.
waverider
Cornerstone

Sac fly makes it 7-6 Tulane

2 runs on no hits. We head to the bottom of the 6th
Last edited by waverider on Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane Greenbackers

TulaneTiger
Navigator Level

Wichita got 2 runs on 1 hit last inning, and 2 runs on 0 hits this inning.

We are letting them stay in this.