First place (again) Tulane vs the whiners

Join other Green Wave fans to follow the games together in attom's Living Room and to report game scores. BYOB
(Use this forum for in-game updates and scores for ALL games for ALL teams, not just Tulane)
User avatar
Roller
Cornerstone
Posts: 34216
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Location: 9½° due east of The Tulane University of Louisiana

Re: First place (again) Tulane vs the whiners

Post by Roller »

Our check swings are always strikes; theirs are always balls.
visualmagic
President's Circle
Posts: 4031
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: First place (again) Tulane vs the whiners

Post by visualmagic »

Roller wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:45 pm
TulaneTiger wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:38 pm
tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:36 pm Ballgame. Thoroughly outplayed this series. Will see what the team pulls together the next couple of weekends but this is nothing short of an utter disappointment in year 5.
Year 5. I know last year was looking very promising early, and a lot of people think that has bought TJ some time. I strongly do not believe it should.

This program should never go this long without making the NCAA Tournament. If it doesn't happen this year, hopefully someone else gets a chance next year.
Last year, we had a better lineup than ECU has this year. But too many of them moved on. We entered this year very short on experience. Posts are flirting with violations of Board Rule #2. Meltdown later.
Huh? Based on what
User avatar
Roller
Cornerstone
Posts: 34216
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Location: 9½° due east of The Tulane University of Louisiana

Re: First place (again) Tulane vs the whiners

Post by Roller »

visualmagic wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:55 pm
Roller wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:45 pm
TulaneTiger wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:38 pm
tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:36 pm Ballgame. Thoroughly outplayed this series. Will see what the team pulls together the next couple of weekends but this is nothing short of an utter disappointment in year 5.
Year 5. I know last year was looking very promising early, and a lot of people think that has bought TJ some time. I strongly do not believe it should.

This program should never go this long without making the NCAA Tournament. If it doesn't happen this year, hopefully someone else gets a chance next year.
Last year, we had a better lineup than ECU has this year. But too many of them moved on. We entered this year very short on experience. Posts are flirting with violations of Board Rule #2. Meltdown later.
Huh? Based on what
Based on my infallible opinion. I'm magic.
:king: :angel: :mrgreen:
TulaneTiger
Navigator Level
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: First place (again) Tulane vs the whiners

Post by TulaneTiger »

waverider wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:54 pm Now we have to try winning the last 8 games. The good news is all 8 of theirs are away games and according to their homer announcers, they are much better at home than away.
I think you can pencil them in for a 6-2 finish.

7-1 would probably win the conference for Tulane, but that will be very hard to do. UCF and Cinci are both better than Memphis and Houston.

The good thing is that ECU doesn't need to win the regular season title. They went a long way towards hosting a regional with their performance this weekend. Tulane does need to win either the regular season or tournament title.
User avatar
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle
Posts: 5297
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Greeneville, TN

Re: First place (again) Tulane vs the whiners

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Sweep the next two weekends and whether we win the regular season or not, our rpi will be low enough to be in the mix. We should get in in that scenario.

Now ask me if I think we can pull that off.
TulaneTiger
Navigator Level
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: First place (again) Tulane vs the whiners

Post by TulaneTiger »

If we win the regular season, they are going to put us in. Our RPI would probably be around 50. We don't have to sweep both series.
User avatar
Radio Wave
Coach Level
Posts: 2215
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Brooksville, Florida

Re: First place (again) Tulane vs the whiners

Post by Radio Wave »

This is really frustrating. It was right there in our hands.
User avatar
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle
Posts: 5297
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Greeneville, TN

Re: First place (again) Tulane vs the whiners

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

TulaneTiger wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:13 pm If we win the regular season, they are going to put us in. Our RPI would probably be around 50. We don't have to sweep both series.
If we win 7 of the next 8, our rpi will be 45 or better. If we win all 8, definitely better.

Winning conference hardware is nice but not impressive this year given the state of the conference outside of ecu. I'm more concerned about the rpi than conference regular season. Of course winning the tournament would be a different matter.
visualmagic
President's Circle
Posts: 4031
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: First place (again) Tulane vs the whiners

Post by visualmagic »

TulaneTiger wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:13 pm If we win the regular season, they are going to put us in.
Maybe but I wouldn’t be shocked if we’re left out
User avatar
PeteRasche
Cornerstone
Posts: 25909
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: First place (again) Tulane vs the whiners

Post by PeteRasche »

Radio Wave wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:14 pm This is really frustrating. It was right there in our hands.
... Had we had better pitching, hitting, and coaching.
visualmagic
President's Circle
Posts: 4031
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: First place (again) Tulane vs the whiners

Post by visualmagic »

PeteRasche wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:25 pm
Radio Wave wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:14 pm This is really frustrating. It was right there in our hands.
... Had we had better pitching, hitting, and coaching.
Right. It really hasn’t been that close of a series. If anything we’re lucky to have not been swept.
Marathon Wave
Navigator Level
Posts: 1419
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:40 pm
Location: Chattanooga area and partime in western NC

Re: First place (again) Tulane vs the whiners

Post by Marathon Wave »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:11 pm Sweep the next two weekends and whether we win the regular season or not, our rpi will be low enough to be in the mix. We should get in in that scenario.

Now ask me if I think we can pull that off.
SWEEP? Okay, I'll bite, can we pull that off?
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
User avatar
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle
Posts: 5297
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Greeneville, TN

Re: First place (again) Tulane vs the whiners

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Marathon Wave wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:21 pm
tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:11 pm Sweep the next two weekends and whether we win the regular season or not, our rpi will be low enough to be in the mix. We should get in in that scenario.

Now ask me if I think we can pull that off.
SWEEP? Okay, I'll bite, can we pull that off?
Anything is possible, but ucf isn't Houston or Memphis. I wouldn't bank on it.
Post Reply