Ucf

Join other Green Wave fans to follow the games together in attom's Living Room and to report game scores. BYOB
(Use this forum for in-game updates and scores for ALL games for ALL teams, not just Tulane)
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 12666
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:57 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Ucf

Post by Yankeewave »

We get 1

Leave bases juiced
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 25523
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: Ucf

Post by waverider »

GretnaGrn wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:15 pm score 1 on an error and then Groff strikes out for the third time. 3-1 UCF after 6.
Struck out on a pitch at the hairline
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
User avatar
Roller
Cornerstone
Posts: 34216
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Location: 9½° due east of The Tulane University of Louisiana

Re: Ucf

Post by Roller »

After 6:

UCF : 3-8-1 (3)
TULa: 1-1-0 (6)

Olthoff at 87 pitches (he's done 100+ a few times already this year)
User avatar
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle
Posts: 6966
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Gretna, LA

Re: Ucf

Post by GretnaGrn »

UCF has 8 hits, not zero. Honestly a bit lucky to only be down two.
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 25523
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: Ucf

Post by waverider »

If we lose two games this weekend we could end upon ECU’s side of the bracket in the tournament
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
User avatar
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle
Posts: 6966
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Gretna, LA

Re: Ucf

Post by GretnaGrn »

Slagel in
User avatar
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle
Posts: 6966
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Gretna, LA

Re: Ucf

Post by GretnaGrn »

Apparently there's a pitching change every time Roller says something about the pitcher staying in....
User avatar
Roller
Cornerstone
Posts: 34216
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Location: 9½° due east of The Tulane University of Louisiana

Re: Ucf

Post by Roller »

GretnaGrn wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:20 pm Apparently there's a pitching change every time Roller says something about the pitcher staying in....
I'm scaring myself!
User avatar
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle
Posts: 6966
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Gretna, LA

Re: Ucf

Post by GretnaGrn »

Roller wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:20 pm
GretnaGrn wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:20 pm Apparently there's a pitching change every time Roller says something about the pitcher staying in....
I'm scaring myself!
Use your enormous power wisely. :lol:
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 25523
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: Ucf

Post by waverider »

Why are AAC umpires so awful at their job? Is incompetence a job requirement or common character trait? I’ve been tweeting that question to the AAC for 4 years now and they won’t answer.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
visualmagic
President's Circle
Posts: 4031
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: Ucf

Post by visualmagic »

waverider wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:29 pm Why are AAC umpires so awful at their job? Is incompetence a job requirement or common character trait? I’ve been tweeting that question to the AAC for 4 years now and they won’t answer.
College umpires in general are bad. Even in the College World Series I’ve seen some really bad ones. It makes me appreciate the MLB umps.
User avatar
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle
Posts: 6966
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Gretna, LA

Re: Ucf

Post by GretnaGrn »

4-1 UCF headed to the bottom of the 8th
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 25523
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: Ucf

Post by waverider »

visualmagic wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:35 pm
waverider wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:29 pm Why are AAC umpires so awful at their job? Is incompetence a job requirement or common character trait? I’ve been tweeting that question to the AAC for 4 years now and they won’t answer.
College umpires in general are bad. Even in the College World Series I’ve seen some really bad ones. It makes me appreciate the MLB umps.
And they aren’t much better as replay has shown us.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 25523
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: Ucf

Post by waverider »

Can we get a timely hit for once?
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
visualmagic
President's Circle
Posts: 4031
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: Ucf

Post by visualmagic »

waverider wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:56 pm
visualmagic wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:35 pm
waverider wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:29 pm Why are AAC umpires so awful at their job? Is incompetence a job requirement or common character trait? I’ve been tweeting that question to the AAC for 4 years now and they won’t answer.
College umpires in general are bad. Even in the College World Series I’ve seen some really bad ones. It makes me appreciate the MLB umps.
And they aren’t much better as replay has shown us.
MLB umps are not great but when it comes to the strike zone they are far superior to the college guys
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 25523
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: Ucf

Post by waverider »

visualmagic wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:00 pm
waverider wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:56 pm
visualmagic wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:35 pm
waverider wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:29 pm Why are AAC umpires so awful at their job? Is incompetence a job requirement or common character trait? I’ve been tweeting that question to the AAC for 4 years now and they won’t answer.
College umpires in general are bad. Even in the College World Series I’ve seen some really bad ones. It makes me appreciate the MLB umps.
And they aren’t much better as replay has shown us.
MLB umps are not great but when it comes to the strike zone they are far superior to the college guys
I agree. Definitely more consistent.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 25523
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: Ucf

Post by waverider »

If ever a time for Hart to get a hit it’s now.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
TulaneTiger
Navigator Level
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Ucf

Post by TulaneTiger »

I think the announcer said Hart had been hot lately, but I still pinch hit for him there 10/10 times.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: Ucf

Post by tjtlja »

NJwave wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:41 pm He just is not as dominant as last year. Still very, very good but just not lights out.
Olthoff threw too many damn pitches in the preseason. He should have been on a 70-75 pitch count thru mid-March. His arm is simply tired.
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 25523
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: Ucf

Post by waverider »

He looked out
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
User avatar
waverider
Cornerstone
Posts: 25523
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: Ucf

Post by waverider »

ECU who holds a 1 game lead is trailing in game 2.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
visualmagic
President's Circle
Posts: 4031
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: Ucf

Post by visualmagic »

TulaneTiger wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:04 pm I think the announcer said Hart had been hot lately, but I still pinch hit for him there 10/10 times.
I hear ya but Who would you have gone to?
visualmagic
President's Circle
Posts: 4031
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: Ucf

Post by visualmagic »

tjtlja wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:09 pm
NJwave wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:41 pm He just is not as dominant as last year. Still very, very good but just not lights out.
Olthoff threw too many damn pitches in the preseason. He should have been on a 70-75 pitch count thru mid-March. His arm is simply tired.
I don’t personally have a problem with Olthoff going deep in games early in the season but it goes counter to Jewett’s “non conference = Spring Training” philosophy
User avatar
Roller
Cornerstone
Posts: 34216
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Location: 9½° due east of The Tulane University of Louisiana

Re: Ucf

Post by Roller »

waverider wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:56 pm Can we get a timely hit for once?
Bennett Lee just fulfilled that for ya.
TulaneTiger
Navigator Level
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Ucf

Post by TulaneTiger »

BENNETT. LEE.

2-RUN HOMER WITH 2 OUTS IN THE 9TH TO TIE THE GAME!
Post Reply