Tourney vs USF

Join other Green Wave fans to follow the games together in attom's Living Room and to report game scores. BYOB
(Use this forum for in-game updates and scores for ALL games for ALL teams, not just Tulane)
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Re: Tourney vs USF

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

If Travis Jewett is our coach going forward, I can assure you I will not watch another Tulane Baseball game until he is gone.

What an embarrassing performance in the biggest game of the year. Shutout and like 2 hits on the night. That dog just won't hunt.
TulaneTiger
Navigator Level

Post by TulaneTiger »

Yankeewave wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:20 pm
TulaneTiger wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:16 pm
Radio Wave wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:11 pm Have we ever won a second tournament game after winning the first?! A feat that would put us in the drivers seat.
Has not happened since the 2005 NCAA Regionals when Tulane beat Southern and Alabama to be in the driver's seat.

Tulane also won the first two games of the Conference USA Tournament that season, as well.
We beat UF and Lehigh(maybe bucknell, i forget) thsn got wrecked by buster posey
You are correct!

Looking up our recent NCAA Tournament history is SUPER depressing. Only four NCAA berths since Katrina. Yikes.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

There’s a big drop off from Lee to Hastings at catcher. Lee>>>>>Hastings>>Aviles
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Radio Wave
Coach Level

Post by Radio Wave »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:22 pm If Travis Jewett is our coach going forward, I can assure you I will not watch another Tulane Baseball game until he is gone.

What an embarrassing performance in the biggest game of the year. Shutout and like 2 hits on the night. That dog just won't hunt.
Tell us how you really feel!
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

waverider wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:21 pm
Radio Wave wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:11 pm Have we ever won a second tournament game after winning the first?! A feat that would put us in the drivers seat.
Has not happened since the 2005 NCAA Regionals when Tulane beat Southern and Alabama to be in the driver's seat.

Tulane also won the first two games of the Conference USA Tournament that season, as well.
We beat UF and Lehigh(maybe bucknell, i forget) thsn got wrecked by buster posey
And still made the CWS?
No. We got beaten badly by Fsu twice. This was 08 i think. Shooter hunt, sam honeck etc
visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:22 pm If Travis Jewett is our coach going forward, I can assure you I will not watch another Tulane Baseball game until he is gone.

100%
If he’s back next year y’all won’t have to worry about me annoying the board with my enthusiasm for the baseball program
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Yankeewave wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:24 pm
waverider wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:21 pm

And still made the CWS?
No. We got beaten badly by Fsu twice. This was 08 i think. Shooter hunt, sam honeck etc
I realized that afterwards. I was thinking he was still talking about 2005.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

OK! We've gotten into their bullpen!
A 6-run (or even 5) 2-out rally would be refreshing right now.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

I quit watching this one about the 5th inning. I just checked the box score. Has Aviles really struck out 7times in 7 at bats in this tournament?