another Star Wars nerd thread: the Mandalorian

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Re: another Star Wars nerd thread: the Mandalorian

Post by Poseidon »

Madalorians= star wars version of Spartans, cossacks, etc.

I personally like to binge so I don't forget what is going on and have to rewatch.

Furthermore I even wait until whole series are finished sometimes so I can jump from one season to another avoiding forgetting what the hell happend.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

anyway... getting back to the series..

the critics are savaging the first episode for a multitude of reasons.. honestly, I think half of them went in with their minds already made up about saying it was lame... some didn't appear to even give it a chance

I get it... people are pissed at JJ Abrams for The Force Awakens... people are pissed at Rian Johnson for The Last Jedi... but why not walk into a new series with an open mind?
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

Johnny Mac wrote:anyway... getting back to the series..

the critics are savaging the first episode for a multitude of reasons.. honestly, I think half of them went in with their minds already made up about saying it was lame... some didn't appear to even give it a chance

I get it... people are pissed at JJ Abrams for The Force Awakens... people are pissed at Rian Johnson for The Last Jedi... but why not walk into a new series with an open mind?
I was pleased, but not impressed with Force Awakens it was setting up things in the next episode. Then Rian Johnson took a fat stinky doody on what Abrams set up, the characters from the original trilogy, and star wars basic universe. It was like terrible, terrible, 7th grad fan fiction.
Anyway there is hope for episode 9, but we shall see. When it comes to the Mandalorion, I thought it was pretty good.

Point is the same critics that are planning Mandalorian are the ones who praise last jedi maybe that's a goods thing.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Hey, a topical column that also bashes ESPN! Nice!

https://slate.com/culture/2019/11/espn- ... y-plus.amp
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

Have you met the Star Wars fandom? If it's not a PRECISE remake of the original trilogy you can't please them.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

GretnaGrn wrote:

Have you met the Star Wars fandom? If it's not a PRECISE remake of the original trilogy you can't please them.
the one thing that gets me irate at the hard core Star Wars fans when they express discontent with episodes 1 - 3, 7 and 8, is that they ignore that Return of the Jedi was a dumpster fire... they will stick their fingers in their ears screaming LALALALALALALA when you remind them how fking stupid it was that Ewoks eliminated the garrison on the moon of Endor... the same people biatch about JarJar and won't discuss how annoying C3P0 is in EVERY episode.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

GretnaGrn wrote:

That is not as true as you think. Trashing the hero's of the original trilogy is actually what happened and why they are "not pleased"
In the new series...
-Han is a estranged father and husband who is still a smuggler, though the original trilogy was all about his character going from smuggler without a cause to lover, friend, and fighter for a greater purpose.
-Leia is a weak Bureaucrat who is also estranged from husband and son. In the original series she was had a strong character, learned to love, and was loyal to her loved ones,and didn't shy away from getting things done herself.
-Luke is a weak, pitiful creature who has given up on the Jedi way, his friends, and everything that he learned and fought for in the original trilogy. In the original trilogy Luke was the eternal optimist and loyal friend, he developed patience and resolved to restore the Jedi order.

I have not read all the stars wars books or watched all the cartoons, but I have watched the old movies repeatedly and enough to understand that the characters and their development from the previous series was treated very poorly as if the new story tellers didn't actually know who they characters were.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Johnny Mac wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:

the one thing that gets me irate at the hard core Star Wars fans when they express discontent with episodes 1 - 3, 7 and 8, is that they ignore that Return of the Jedi was a dumpster fire... they will stick their fingers in their ears screaming LALALALALALALA when you remind them how fking stupid it was that Ewoks eliminated the garrison on the moon of Endor... the same people biatch about JarJar and won't discuss how annoying C3P0 is in EVERY episode.
JarJar was a savant
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Victory is never permanent
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

the pbp guy for our football game today was gushing about the Mandalorian... not sure if you saw the booth shot of him before the game.. he looks like he can't broadcast night games because they run later than his curfew
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Johnny Mac wrote:the pbp guy for our football game today was gushing about the Mandalorian... not sure if you saw the booth shot of him before the game.. he looks like he can't broadcast night games because they run later than his curfew
:shock: A Disney employee enthused about a Disney show?
Victory is never permanent
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

OGSB wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:the pbp guy for our football game today was gushing about the Mandalorian... not sure if you saw the booth shot of him before the game.. he looks like he can't broadcast night games because they run later than his curfew
:shock: A Disney employee enthused about a Disney show?
What, you mean the link I posted about 6 or 8 posts upthread?
viewtopic.php?p=763215#p763215