Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:33 pm 
Emerald Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
I liked it... It was much better than the force awakens as that was really just jj Abrams ripping off pieces of TOT. I didn't go in with any expectations.

Pink? Seriously you think the Force Awkens rippes stuff off and this one didn't? You have got to be frick kidding me.

There were a few concept rip offs in this one but not even remotely close to Force Awakens. Force Awakens was practically a reboot of New Hope.

Seriously? The beginning of the movie is the end of IV and VI, the end of the movie is the beginning of V, the Vegas planet is tatoonie gussied up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:59 pm 
Emerald Circle

windywave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
I liked it... It was much better than the force awakens as that was really just jj Abrams ripping off pieces of TOT. I didn't go in with any expectations.

Pink? Seriously you think the Force Awkens rippes stuff off and this one didn't? You have got to be frick kidding me.

There were a few concept rip offs in this one but not even remotely close to Force Awakens. Force Awakens was practically a reboot of New Hope.

Seriously? The beginning of the movie is the end of IV and VI, the end of the movie is the beginning of V, the Vegas planet is tatoonie gussied up.

Way to post spoilers.. .

Basically what you are saying is they are no longer allowed to have space battles or planet surface battles because if they do, they are just ripping off previous episodes. And you think the Monte Carlo (way better analogy than Vegas) place is even a tiny fraction closer to Tatooine than Maz's place in TFA? That was literally cantina full of weird creatures, exactly like New Hope. The new place is significantly more... human.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:47 am 
Emerald Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
windywave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

Way to post spoilers.. .

Basically what you are saying is they are no longer allowed to have space battles or planet surface battles because if they do, they are just ripping off previous episodes. And you think the Monte Carlo (way better analogy than Vegas) place is even a tiny fraction closer to Tatooine than Maz's place in TFA? That was literally cantina full of weird creatures, exactly like New Hope. The new place is significantly more... human.

Those aren't spoilers.

It is is the way the space and ground battles were portrayed that was ripped off

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:53 am 
Emerald Circle

Alright, so if TFA was 85% ripped off from previous episodes, TLJ was... maybe 40%.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:57 am 
Emerald Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
Alright, so if TFA was 85% ripped off from previous episodes, TLJ was... maybe 40%.

TFA was an homage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:42 am 
Emerald Circle

George Lucas reveals his plan for Star Wars 7 through 9—and it was awful

They probably should have just stopped after Empire.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:02 pm 
Coach Level

OGSB wrote:

That is reaching a bit. They are just looking to cover the pile that Last Jedi was.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:46 am 
Emerald Circle

Poseidon wrote:
OGSB wrote:

That is reaching a bit. They are just looking to cover the pile that Last Jedi was.

I haven't seen the movie but: https://www.remakethelastjedi.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:40 pm 
Regent's Circle

Just a comment on Star wars.

We are big Disney fans; just back from the West Coast, where we could plainly see the new "Star Wars" land taking shape at Disneyland. In three weeks will be a WDW while daughter goes through orientation at UCF (she claims she wants to do Engineering, theatre or Music, but I really think she wants to major in Disney...); will be curious to see what it looks like at Hollywood studios, where they are also building a Star Wars land.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7