Zapp's & Abita

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Re: Zapp's

Unread post by BC Wave »

Don't forget the grease!
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

GreenieBacker wrote:my feeling about Zaps is why bother with a chip at all, just eat a bag of salt.
you shut your whore mouth!!

:xmad: :xmad: :xmad:
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

Irony in this (and this isn't right/wrong, just funny) is that the main thing I like about Zapps is I find them less salty and greasy than most chips.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
wave-em in
President's Circle

Unread post by wave-em in »

windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

wave-em in wrote:Image
Windy want
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

wave-em in wrote:Image
I can't think of anything more enjoyable than watching a Tulane victory with this and my new Abita Angry Wave beer I'm trying to make happen.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

I get liking Abita better than the rest of us (that's a qualitative question of taste). But I don't get why people hope for the Baton Rouge beer (ok Abita springs, but same diff) to be the ones making a Tulane beer. Let's keep it in New Orleans territory. There's plenty of breweries in Nola that should be doing that before Abita
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Just tied the sweet pimiento cream cheese at tailgate yesterday. Interesting/unique Don't know if I'd say "good". Good enough I kept eating them to see how I felt about them. Definitely MILES better than the Drago's ones IMO
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

WaveProf wrote:Good enough I kept eating them to see how I felt about them.
Wow, I've never done THAT before... :lol: :lol: :oops:
WaveProf
Cornerstone

PeteRasche wrote:Wow, I've never done THAT before... :lol: :lol: :oops:
LOL. Yup. If there was one person on this board who I thought would know what I meant by "on the fence but liked them enough I kept trying them"....when it came to potato chips.....you would have been the first person to jump to mind :)
BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by BC Wave »

WaveProf wrote:I get liking Abita better than the rest of us (that's a qualitative question of taste). But I don't get why people hope for the Baton Rouge beer (ok Abita springs, but same diff) to be the ones making a Tulane beer. Let's keep it in New Orleans territory. There's plenty of breweries in Nola that should be doing that before Abita
FWIW, Abita Springs is about 35 miles from New Orleans and about 65 miles from Baton Rouge.

Also, Abita Springs is in St. Tammany Parish which is part of the New Orleans Metro Statistical Area.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

I found some chips that rank near Zapp's on my list of personal favorites.. the Trader Joe's Organic Kettle Chips are really good. Not flavored.. just straight up kettle chips and they are tasty.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

BC Wave wrote:
WaveProf wrote:I get liking Abita better than the rest of us (that's a qualitative question of taste). But I don't get why people hope for the Baton Rouge beer (ok Abita springs, but same diff) to be the ones making a Tulane beer. Let's keep it in New Orleans territory. There's plenty of breweries in Nola that should be doing that before Abita
FWIW, Abita Springs is about 35 miles from New Orleans and about 65 miles from Baton Rouge.

Also, Abita Springs is in St. Tammany Parish which is part of the New Orleans Metro Statistical Area.
Perhaps the point was that the area is traditionally LSU supporters? I don't know for a fact, but Abita does sell a bunch of purple and gold merchandise in their store including at least one tshirt with a tiger on it.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

PeteRasche wrote:
BC Wave wrote:

Perhaps the point was that the area is traditionally LSU supporters? I don't know for a fact, but Abita does sell a bunch of purple and gold merchandise in their store including at least one tshirt with a tiger on it.
I liken their selling such merchandise to the gentleman in "The Sneeches" who found ways to make tons of money off of people willing to part with funds for yet another nexium-colored piece of apparel.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Abita Springs is rural Baton Rouge, regardless of what the map says. More purple and gold there than tiger stadium :mrgreen:
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

Abita Pecan Pie Soda is stomach turning. two sips poured it out and have 5 bottles left
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

windywave wrote:Abita Pecan Pie Soda is stomach turning. two sips poured it out and have 5 bottles left
Wow, every part of that sounds awful. Who thought that was a good idea?
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote:
windywave wrote:Abita Pecan Pie Soda is stomach turning. two sips poured it out and have 5 bottles left
Wow, every part of that sounds awful. Who thought that was a good idea?
The pecan beer is pretty good
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
WaveProf
Cornerstone

The Anita king Cake soda is worse

The summer pilsner is awful too

Really their 20 new products in the last 3 years are mostly (not all) really bad

They are desperately trying to keep up with Nola, la 31, et al. But it just smacks of desparation. They have a product a lot of people (not me) still prefer, and they have more name recognition outside the region than their competition. Capitalize on that. Don't try to create tons of new crud that tastes like crud
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

I have to agree; the last several new Abita flavors (including "The Boot," a clear attempt at pandering to locals) are awful. The last new good one I can remember is either the Strawberry Andygator or the Restoration Ale.