Shaming an LSU alum

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Shaming an LSU alum

Unread post by TUPF »

What's a Sprint Cup? 8)
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

I saw something on the news the other day about cops dressing as homeless people and standing on busy streets near corners. They have signs that say "I'm not homeless or asking for money, I'm a police officer looking for people texting while driving".

It works because people who are texting don't give but a fraction of a glance at a homeless person, and therefore don't try to hide it, but the sign clearly states they are a cop so there's no entrapment issue.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

TUPF wrote:What's a Sprint Cup? 8)
I'll never forget turning on the radio in Atlanta and NASCAR being on. I find it unwatchable on TV. Radio would be like listening to the traffic report. Major congestion in turn 3 and an accident on the straightaway is causing a major backup. Try and find an alternate route.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

Pete that's ingenious. It really is and a great, and completely fair, way to catch people texting.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

Cheerleader wrote:No matter what car, Maryland drivers are the worst. When we see someone do something really stupid or dangerous even here in Florida, we always look at the license plate. 75% of the time, it is a Maryland plate.
I'm happy to second that--except to add that many of those Maryland plates are on cars that reside in Northern Virginia. i cussed them for 35 years.

But now I'm in Florida, and I have less contact with them.
Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

It's a beverage container that holds 64 ounces of beer, or 12 ounces of moonshine, but nothing else.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

GreenieBacker wrote:OK, wait a minute now.

sr, "cell phone police" in Austin? You can't drive in Austin and talk on the phone? That could be a problem............
Ask my wife and daughter ... hands free is OK, but don't be holding.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

Roller wrote:
It's a beverage container that holds 64 ounces of beer, orand 12 ounces of moonshine, but nothing else.
FIFY.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

OK, maybe it is now NExtel cup- shows how much I pay attention to NASCAR despite living about 20 minutes away from BMS and Thunder Valley.

To be honest, the primary reason we go there is to see the enormous Christmas light display they put on; the course includes a lap around the track, and a Santa village on the infield. They set up an ice skating rink by the exit; since there is no Zamboni the ice is in horrible condition after the first week.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

So, just returned from 2 weeks in Italy where driving is a blood sport. I rented one car for 4 days in Palermo and another for 4 days in Napoli, returning the car to Fiumincino Airport Rome. As long as you drive as if you are trying to see how many lights you can make in Manhattan, you are fine.

The standout drivers were motorcycles weaving in and out of Napoli and Amalfii Coast switchback traffic...and you guessed it...BMW drivers on the Autostrada. It’s such a stereotype that knows no national bounds. :lol:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

TUPF wrote:So, just returned from 2 weeks in Italy where driving is a blood sport. I rented one car for 4 days in Palermo and another for 4 days in Napoli, returning the car to Fiumincino Airport Rome. As long as you drive as if you are trying to see how many lights you can make in Manhattan, you are fine.

The standout drivers were motorcycles weaving in and out of Napoli and Amalfii Coast switchback traffic...and you guessed it...BMW drivers on the Autostrada. It’s such a stereotype that knows no national bounds. :lol:
At least you didn't run into any illiterates
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

LSU student arrested for pushing cocaine on the beach in Florida, out in the open. Not so :idea:

http://www.nola.com/northshore/index.ss ... ncart_2box
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

Saw a Tulane student's father at Costco today which demographically is not surprising but the illiterate couple in purple hats sure as doody was... I stared them done
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count