Felix's Oyster House Opening a Gulf Coast Branch

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Felix's Oyster House Opening a Gulf Coast Branch

Post by WaveProf »

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Re: Felix's Oyster House Opening a Gulf Coast Branch

Post by AO Sig »

Felix's was my grandfather's favorite oyster bar. As a child my father took me there, where I ate my first raw oyster while waiting for a table; whenever my father (born at Hotel Dieu, grad of Tulane undergrad and LSU med) arrived back in NOLA, that was the first stop for him. Their gumbo was quite respectable the last time I was there.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

I'll bite ...

My Grandfather would drive in from Birmingham for the Alabama - Tulane game (when in NOLA) and maybe 3 more times a year including the Sugar Bowl. When I was old enough to sit on a counter stool he would take me with him to Casamento's. I still remember the first oyster I ever had 'cause it was easily bigger than my tong. He was a big guy and just told me to crew once and swallow. It was the best thing my Grandfather ever did for me. Been hooked ever since. Shuck my own Thanksgiving and Christmas trying to copy Drago's. Was just in Richmond and had a few dozen Chesapeake oysters and was surprised at the quality - not bad. Thought their fishery was having problems.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

sr wrote:I'll bite ...

My Grandfather would drive in from Birmingham for the Alabama - Tulane game (when in NOLA) and maybe 3 more times a year including the Sugar Bowl. When I was old enough to sit on a counter stool he would take me with him to Casamento's. I still remember the first oyster I ever had 'cause it was easily bigger than my tong. He was a big guy and just told me to crew once and swallow. It was the best thing my Grandfather ever did for me. Been hooked ever since. Shuck my own Thanksgiving and Christmas trying to copy Drago's. Was just in Richmond and had a few dozen Chesapeake oysters and was surprised at the quality - not bad. Thought their fishery was having problems.
I love Casamentos!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
wave-em in
President's Circle

Post by wave-em in »

Acme has been in Sandestin for a while now.

http://www.acmeoyster.com/sandestin/