Daughter of Nick Castrogiovanni has died

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Daughter of Nick Castrogiovanni has died

Post by AO Sig »

Not sure if this would be of any interest to any of you, but I thought I would share it.

Josie Propper, daughter of Nick and Dora Castrogiovanni, passed away recently in Nashville. She was 95. She was the widow of a Kingsport Gynecologist who moved from here after her husband's passing to Nashville, presumably to be near one of her children's family.

My mother met her, knew immediately she was from New Orleans based on her accent. She told people that her family owned a "business" in New Orleans; the nature of the business was not widely mentioned in Kingsport, a town in the heart of the Bible belt with at least 30 Baptist churches, but only one Catholic parish in the entire county. Nevertheless, when she told my mom the name of her parents, she regaled about when I took my mom to Nick's, where she spent an hour talking with Miss Dora.

She was the last of the Castrogiovanni children to go. RIP
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: Daughter of Nick Castrogiovanni has died

Post by WaveProf »

Have the plans to bring Nick's back been discussed on here yet?

https://www.bestofneworleans.com/gambit ... id=2860624
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

WaveProf wrote:Have the plans to bring Nick's back been discussed on here yet?

https://www.bestofneworleans.com/gambit ... id=2860624
Article is 16 months old. Is there any sign of activity? And what is described is a far cry from Nick's as I would remember. I mean, drive through coffee shop? Baristas serving 1-800-FACK-U-UP?
:roll:
Bring home da Wave!
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

One of Nick's grandsons, who is a dermatologist or ophthalmologist in Knoxville (Tony Kattine, I think is his name) had been trying to keep the establishment (Josie's description to people) open and running before Katrina. Not sure if the interest, desire or drive is there. Wish it would.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?