First there was Harvey...

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
wave-em in
President's Circle

Re: First there was Harvey...

Post by wave-em in »

Dry air entering the eyewall. Doubt that sustained winds over 100mph effect the mainland.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

FW wrote:
OGSB wrote:As for Irma, a street sign almost took out a CNN reporter in Miami
Sometimes I think TV stations have someone off camera throwing a traffic sign past a reporter for effect. It goes viral and suddenly the millions of weather watchers switch over to see that brave and "lucky" reporter instead of whatever other network they were watching. Because, you know, if a blowing traffic sign almost slices a reporter in half, clearly that station is more invested in their coverage than the others, right?
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

From some news report I just read:
But some locals refused to budge.

“It’s going to be a fun ride,” said Jason Wasser, who had a few drinks at Don’s Place. “All of our friends are here, our family, why bother leaving? We’re all going to die eventually, so why not have a good time with it?”
Yup, there are stupid people everywhere.
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
OGSB wrote:Jose's winds actually stronger right now. 130 mph, Irma currently 120.
Jose is projected to go in circles in the middle of the Atlantic and not threaten anyone but fish. As for Irma, a street sign almost took out a CNN reporter in Miami, which is 130 miles away from the eye. Ft. Myers and Tampa and are going to die. Literally die.
Don't forget Tallahassee
I'd rather it destroy Gainesville
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

PeteRasche wrote:From some news report I just read:
But some locals refused to budge.

“It’s going to be a fun ride,” said Jason Wasser, who had a few drinks at Don’s Place. “All of our friends are here, our family, why bother leaving? We’re all going to die eventually, so why not have a good time with it?”
Yup, there are stupid people everywhere.
I saw a video on twitter of someone standing at the Southernmost point in the US in Key West watching the waves and basically getting washed away. And then, there are these idiots, because, Florida.

PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I liked the one that suggested all residents of Florida aim their fans to the east and blow Irma away. :lol:
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

gerryb323 wrote:Florida State cancels it's game with ULM
And interestingly, now that Florida State is in danger of not qualifying for a bowl (need to win out), this game has been revived!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

PeteRasche wrote:I liked the one that suggested all residents of Florida aim their fans to the east and blow Irma away. :lol:
The danger in that approach is that it could accelerate the rotation of the earth and possibly sling Guam into outer space. :lol: