We'll Never Forget

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

We'll Never Forget

Post by Fan Since '54 »

I'd never seen this before and I'm sure some of you may have not. Do the link.

http://rare.us/rare-news/god-bless-amer ... nic-social

This only ran one time. Guess I wasn't watching when that happened. Try and keep a dry eye.

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: We'll Never Forget

Post by WaveProf »

Let's just say that when I saw that ad air in a Manhattan bar during the super bowl in 2002, the response from the bar was overwhelmingly not positive.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Roller
Cornerstone

Re: We'll Never Forget

Post by Roller »

WaveProf wrote:Let's just say that when I saw that ad air in a Manhattan bar during the super bowl in 2002, the response from the bar was overwhelmingly not positive.
There was some of that reaction at first, but Anheuser-Busch stated up front that it was a heart-felt tribute ,and they were only offering for the Super Bowl. They claim no royalties, and they don't air it any more. It still makes the rounds from YouTube every 9/11, though. I think the initial gasp over the ad was because it was initially seen as blatant commercial opportunism, but most people have come to understand it for the tribute it was meant to be.